+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

LOVE HIM! One of my very very early favorites and I hope he does well. He's incredibly talented and diverse! It will be interesting to see what Iovine's mentoring does.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

My favorite this season! He's not the best singer I've heard on Idol, but he's definitely one of the most creative. I loved that "Blues Brothers" act he and the other guy put together for Vegas. That was just cool.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Does anyone know what ailment he had?
    I read, yesterday, that he has ulcerative colitis and has been transfused, yet, again. It is similar to Crohn's Disease. Flare-ups come and go.

My friend offered the opinion that this is why they went with 13 people, instead of 12. I agree that they were probably trying to hedge against him having to drop out of the competition. Makes a lot of sense.

I guarantee you that they knew about his problem when he came into this competition. You don't go to the ER, end up being transfused, and released the next day to do your thing. Transfusions are no joke.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

HMMMM, if he suffers from Ulcerative colitis it is strange that he needed a blood transfusion...but it has been officially confirmed on several news site that he did receive a transfusion and many are reporting that it is UC. That said, I have a friend who suffers from Crohns and it is no joke--extremely painful and can flare up anytime.

If he does suffer from a UC or any disease (and who knows, maybe he had a bad cold) then I applaud him for not putting it on the survey at the tryouts and making it a big deal so he could have a sob story (and special montage) out of it!

Amen! That just makes me like him even more!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

To the Point

I know several (how strange is that) people who have UC. Two have such a severe case that they have had surgery at rather young ages. It can definitely result in transfusions begin needed, so that really doesn't sound that unusual to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I know several (how strange is that) people who have UC. Two have such a severe case that they have had surgery at rather young ages. It can definitely result in transfusions begin needed, so that really doesn't sound that unusual to me.
    Transfusions from surgeries or just in general because they have lost a lot of blood (in stools or internally...,). If thats why it is SCARY!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Amen! That just makes me like him even more!
    Me too. It would have been production gold for folks at AI to milk a disease such as UC in clips galore so Im willing to bet Casey did not mention it...heck, theyve created sob stories about/for contestants who have OLD grandparents! Call me crazy, but lots of us happen to have OLD grandparents!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I read, yesterday, that he has ulcerative colitis and has been transfused, yet, again. It is similar to Crohn's Disease. Flare-ups come and go.

My friend offered the opinion that this is why they went with 13 people, instead of 12. I agree that they were probably trying to hedge against him having to drop out of the competition. Makes a lot of sense.

I guarantee you that they knew about his problem when he came into this competition. You don't go to the ER, end up being transfused, and released the next day to do your thing. Transfusions are no joke.
    And that's probably also why they only eliminated one person last night. I figure 2 people are going to have to leave in one week, and if Casey needs to drop out, then that will take care of that little problem. Not the way I'd like it to be solved though. At least he's gotten some exposure, and it should be a good boost to his career. I'm just hoping we get to enjoy him on this show a little longer.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Transfusions from surgeries or just in general because they have lost a lot of blood (in stools or internally...,). If thats why it is SCARY!
    Just from losing so much blood during a severe flare up. Yes, it is very scary.

+ Reply to Thread