+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

I never stopped liking him. He brought a smile to my face and never ceased to impress me. His love for and knowledge of music is so refreshing. I just love the guy. Something tells me he'll be back on Idol to entertain us this season even.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I never stopped liking him. He brought a smile to my face and never ceased to impress me. His love for and knowledge of music is so refreshing. I just love the guy. Something tells me he'll be back on Idol to entertain us this season even.
    I agree. I really like him too.

Idol Eliminee Casey Abrams Sets the Romance Rumor Record Straight: "We Were Never Dating"

There's no denying American Idol contestants Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart clicked from the get-go, fueling rumors and speculation that they were more than just friends. We saw with our own eyes the flirting and chemistry between the two, but when we caught up with Casey the morning after his elimination he told us the true nature of their relationship.

So what's the deal—and how does he feel moving on from the Idol spotlight?

MEANWHILE: How can you be reading about Idol? Don't you know two British people just got married?!

Last night, eyebrows were raised when Casey went wild with his final song on the Idol stage, giving out kisses, hugs and handshakes to anyone in his path. And he saved his time with rumored girlfriend Haley for last.

When they finally came face-to-face, we all held our breath, as he took her hand and looked into her eyes...for a kiss that didn't happen.

Some fans thought the moment was a thinly veiled attempt to keep their romance a secret, but Casey says nothing is going on.

"We were never dating," he told us. "I was completely on random mode. I didn't plan on ending up on Haley. It just happened that way. I was saying goodbye to my very special musical friend—that's all it was."

The pair did knock out duets over the past few weeks, and the relationship is something Casey is thankful for. He revealed he had fears being on the Idol stage, and it was Haley who helped him keep his cool.

"I was scared of looking stupid on stage because I didn't know a certain song," he said. "I think I had more fun with Haley because I fed off of her energy."

Aside from stopping the romance rumors in their tracks, Casey says his kisses with Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and random audience members makes him out to be a bigger kissing fan than he actually is.

"I'm not a big kisser," he laughed. "I feel like when I'm on the stage and people are watching I tend to do things nobody would expect. I think, 'What are you going to say and then what am I going to say that's completely different from that?'"

So who's the better kisser, Jennifer or Steven?

"Steven Tyler," he said, but added, "J.Lo just let me kiss her, but Steven Tyler kissed me back, so it's a different story."

While Casey's Idol dreams are now in the dumps, he's not looking back with regret. Instead he's happy he and the rest of the top 13 have been able to bring musical diversity to the show and given Idol more music to think about.

"I couldn't feel anything less than amazing because I feel that I've done something pretty cool in this competition," he said. "I think we're all doing our part to make American Idol a little more different than last year, vary the genre."

Do you think Casey and Haley would make a cute couple? Who's your favorite Idol? Would you want to kiss Jennifer or Steven?
    Idol Eliminee Casey Abrams Sets the Romance Rumor Record Straight: "We Were Never Dating" - E! Online
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I was about to say the same thing. When I think bad singers who have done well, I think Bob Dylan. I can't stand to hear him sing! Yet people actually pay money to go to his concerts. Not that I think Casey is bad - as you said, he's just not a great vocalist.
    Dylan is a little before my time. Therefore, I had heard the name but not the voice, until he was nominated for that Best Song Oscar. When he sang on that awards show, I remember telling my parents, "THIS is the legendary singer I've heard about all these years?" I just couldn't believe somebody with that voice was so famous. My parents agreed with me.

Bye bye, Casey, I will miss you. You weren't the best vocalist, but I loved your creativity and showmanship. You were by far the most entertaining contestant. Now that you're gone the torch is passed to James for that category.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Dylan is a little before my time. Therefore, I had heard the name but not the voice, until he was nominated for that Best Song Oscar. When he sang on that awards show, I remember telling my parents, "THIS is the legendary singer I've heard about all these years?" I just couldn't believe somebody with that voice was so famous. My parents agreed with me.

Bye bye, Casey, I will miss you. You weren't the best vocalist, but I loved your creativity and showmanship. You were by far the most entertaining contestant. Now that you're gone the torch is passed to James for that category.
    This is true. I have seen Bob Dylan in concert once and I knew how he sounded before I went. I just wanted to say that I saw this icon. I think if you go back and watch some documentaries about Dylan the early years, you'll see why he is so beloved and an such an icon. It's his soul and content of his words or poetry that are valuable, not so much his vocals. I also like the fact that Dylan doesn't consider himself anything special. He's just a regualr guy who plays off being a legend. I like that.

Neil Young is another artist that I love, but his vocals have been panned by critics for years. I don't get it, because he pours his heart out in his music. So I can see how people are very successful as artists even when they don't have a classically, beautiful singing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This is true. I have seen Bob Dylan in concert once and I knew how he sounded before I went. I just wanted to say that I saw this icon. I think if you go back and watch some documentaries about Dylan the early years, you'll see why he is so beloved and an such an icon. It's his soul and content of his words or poetry that are valuable, not so much his vocals. I also like the fact that Dylan doesn't consider himself anything special. He's just a regualr guy who plays off being a legend. I like that.
    Absolutely, its the lyrics and what they speak to people that made Dylan so beloved. For me, its all about the lyrics. You can have someone with the most awesome voice on the planet but if the song is boring I just don't care. Most of the people who have been favorites of mine over the years don't have the best voices, but they sing songs that speak to me lyrically.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Absolutely, its the lyrics and what they speak to people that made Dylan so beloved. For me, its all about the lyrics. You can have someone with the most awesome voice on the planet but if the song is boring I just don't care. Most of the people who have been favorites of mine over the years don't have the best voices, but they sing songs that speak to me lyrically.
    That's how I felt about Casey. When he did that Cole number a couple of weeks ago and sang "The most important thing is being loved" I just melted. Didn't matter if he wasn't the best vocalist that night. I just felt an emotional connection from him to a song he loved, and it struck a chord with me. That's also how I feel about Chrystal's singing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

While we are talking about male singers with a less than appealing voice, let's not forget Leonard Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    While we are talking about male singers with a less than appealing voice, let's not forget Leonard Cohen.
    Yeah, Leonard is a genius as a songwriter and a trip as a singer. He wrote "Hallelujuah" which has been sung a lot everywhere, including AI.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

You do not need the best voice or even a fantastic voice to churn out an amazing career. You do, however, have to be interesting. Madonna is proof of that... she does not have a stellar voice but has continued to be interesting and has had an amazing career. Michael Buble' has a good voice and has an amazing career going right now. Katy Perry has only a mediocre voice but right now has amazing popularity that has lasted far longer than I ever expected and probably because she and her team have chosen the right projects to get... and keep... her out front.

Casey has the potential for an amazing career. Does he have the best voice? Heck no, far from it. He doesn't even have a fantastic voice and I doubt he'll ever be a pop star. But if his time on AI is any indication, what he has is that je ne sais quoi that has the prospect of being developed in a way for him to potentially have an amazing career.

I wish him the best and I look forward to his future projects.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread