+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

I heard Randy at the very end, after the judges spoke, say several times, "no growling". Not only does he growl, but he makes that face when he does it. I feel badly that I'm saying this because I really, really liked Casey once upon a time, and still think he's an incredible musician, but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Once upon a time Casey was one of my favorites this season. Now I find most of his performances unbearable and hard to watch.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Once upon a time Casey was one of my favorites this season. Now I find most of his performances unbearable and hard to watch.
    ITA.

If you don't look and just listen (like The Voice)..Casey is sooo bad. Like nails on a chalkboard. I usually turn my back for the beginning on all of them, as to not be swayed by their looks and sweet demeanors, etc., but by their voice only. I cannot believe he got this far, oh yeah, the judges saved him, so he will be Top 5 or 3, so they don't look stooopid. jmo

I don't think Casey or Haley will win (I actually think Casey's going home tonight), but I can see them hooking up for a cabaret show a la Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence (yeah, before my time, too). They're a married singing couple from Sinatra's day.

YouTube - Steve and Eydie - 1960's Pop Medley
    YouTube - Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme - That's What Friends Are For
    YouTube - Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme on Regis and Kathie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I heard Randy at the very end, after the judges spoke, say several times, "no growling". Not only does he growl, but he makes that face when he does it. I feel badly that I'm saying this because I really, really liked Casey once upon a time, and still think he's an incredible musician, but I'm just not feeling it anymore.
    I heard Randy too..they've told him several times now but I guess he just doesn't care... which is fine if he wants to stay true to himself but not fine if he wants to win this thing. I too started out a Casey fun...but I'm not diggin' him ~ not even the slightest bit anymore
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Regular

Most of the "fun" was just voted off -- most of the talent, too.

FORT Fan

Casey should be an artistic director/arranger for someone who CAN sing really well. He is totally creative and very musical, but his voice is simply average. He lasted longer than he should have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Casey should be an artistic director/arranger for someone who CAN sing really well. He is totally creative and very musical, but his voice is simply average. He lasted longer than he should have.
    I think his voice is good. There are many very successful male singers whose voices are not considered excellent. It is all about the music, image and showmanship.

I thought his romance with Haley was manufactured to create a buzz and interest. I guess they are an item.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think his voice is good. There are many very successful male singers whose voices are not considered excellent. It is all about the music, image and showmanship.

I thought his romance with Haley was manufactured to create a buzz and interest. I guess they are an item.
    That's exactly what I mean. His voice is good, but not noteworthy or great!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

I was about to say the same thing. When I think bad singers who have done well, I think Bob Dylan. I can't stand to hear him sing! Yet people actually pay money to go to his concerts. Not that I think Casey is bad - as you said, he's just not a great vocalist.

It's interesting to see how many people were Casey fans who lost their love for him. I'm one also. I still have a tender spot for him, and I always had a hope that Casey would pull off another Georgia on My Mind, but I was disappointed most of the time. And the growling was really getting under my skin too.

+ Reply to Thread