+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

I don't find Casey sexy, though he's too young for me, but i find him talented in an artsy kind of way. He's unique in style and personality and I like that. I always look forward to seeing what he comes up with. I didn't like his performance with the slow jazz song last week, but thought this week was good. He doesn't have the strongest voice in the world, but that is not necessary to be a great artist. Look at Rod Stewart, Bob Dylan, Kenny Rogers, and Mick Jaggar.

At this point, I think Scotty or Lauren will win, but I hope Casey gets a career of some sort out of this. I keep coming back to the fact that he's the same age as my youngest child, and am willing to forgive the one performance I didn't like. He's so much younger than he looks!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I can see Casey in the final 2 but not Lauren. I think she will drift out of favor. I would love to see Casey or James there.

I think that at this point a really amazing rendition of a great song that puts you over the top, will help drive the final few. I think most of them are capable of doing it. THey just really need to pick wonderful, STRONG songs that they feel deeply about and then knock it out of the ballpark. Anything less is quite risky.

I absolutely love Casey. His jammin' with the mentors was my favorite part of last night's show. While I think James has moved to the top of the betting pool with Scotty to win the title, I think Casey has gotten exposure that will boost him into a career he can appreciate. He's only 19! That still blows my mind!
    Count your blessings!

Casey needs to sing songs practically a cappella each time because instruments overwhelm his voice. I love his musicality and creativity, though!
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I do enjoy seeing him perform each week and hope he doesn't leave yet. I would like to see him in the top 3.

He's certainly one of the more genuine muscians the show has ever had... not the best singer.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    He's certainly one of the more genuine muscians the show has ever had... not the best singer.
    I agree. He doesn't have the greatest voice, but he's the most entertaining. It kind of reminds me of Adam Lambert. Adam's screeching wasn't for everybody (even I thought his rendition of "Ring of Fire" was horrendous and otherwise I loved him); however, he was so compelling I loved tuning in each week just to see what he would do with a song. That's exactly how I feel about Casey.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I could possibly get over Casey's extreme growling (if I didn't have to watch him make that awful face while he does it) but the grunting, IMO, is horrendous. Even before he started singing last night my DH was imitating him... all grunts and growls, and sure enough that's what he did through the entire song. Not only that, was there really any singing during his rendition? Didn't it seem as though he talked or yelled throughout the whole thing? Worst of the night, for me.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread