+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

What can I say, I like Casey. Unfortunately I was not able to watch this week's performance the night it was aired and did not vote. On results night I was glad my lack of votes did not keep him from making it thru to the next round. What can I say? I do like him and always find myself rooting for him

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Excellent Post!

The judges can't seem to find the courage to give these contestants any constructive criticism. So someone has to give them a Reality Check. Jimmy doesn't strike me as the most endearing person obviously, but he knows how to make an artist successful.

I'm so glad that Jimmy gave Pia a reality check. For a while there I thought her lack of any sort of charisma and boring song choices might get her eliminated. Whoops....they did.

Why are they being encouraged to ignore Jimmy? Casey could tell you, but he's too busy rehearsing for next week.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm so glad that Jimmy gave Pia a reality check. For a while there I thought her lack of any sort of charisma and boring song choices might get her eliminated. Whoops....they did.

Why are they being encouraged to ignore Jimmy? Casey could tell you, but he's too busy rehearsing for next week.
    I agree. Same thing could be said about James. I don't see Jimmy as the best producer ever. He too is wrong from time to time.

I don't see Jimmy as the best producer ever.
    He might not be the best producer or anywhere close to perfect, but he has been successful in this industry. There also has to be a reason TPTB from American Idol hired him to be apart of this show.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    He might not be the best producer or anywhere close to perfect, but he has been successful in this industry. There also has to be a reason TPTB from American Idol hired him to be apart of this show.
    Of course, but he's still not always right. Both Casey and James have proven that already.

Jimmy is not God; the only punishment the contestants have to fear is from the voters. Casey, and to a lesser extent James and Scotty, have proven that the voters will reward somebody different if you can win them over. It's fine to offer advice, but don't get full of yourself if somebody respectfully decides not to take it and proves they didn't need it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

FORT Fogey

Outside of staying on key obviously, the rest is subjective to a large degree. It can be as specific as art or home decor. We already see Will I Am and Jimmy disagree on a direction.

I stated that Jimmy isn't always right and he doesn't always give the best advice. Maybe he will not be asked back next season because of these issues, but my opinion was based more on the success he has had outside of AI. I am not trying to defend Jimmy as a producer per say, but my opinion was based on the whole body of work he has been apart of.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Let me clarify that my comments above were not merely because I liked Casey's performance this week. That week when he did Nirvana, I would not have fussed if the judges had decided not to save him. It was not a great performance and since the voters decided they didn't like it, then that would have been that. Yes, contestants should have liberty to perform how they want, but they have to take the good or bad consequences that go with that freedom.

FORT Newbie

Actually, Casey was saved the week he sang "I Heard It Through The Grapevine." He was safe after he sang Nirvana.

+ Reply to Thread