+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well we know Pia won't be singing River Deep Mountain High. The song is not in the Rock Hall Of Fame.
    Ike & Tina Turner are and they performed it.

Ike and Tina Turner 1991 Inductees

The Ike and Tina Turner Revue was one of the highest energy ensembles on the soul circuit in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s.

Ike Turner had begun as a bandleader and talent scout in the ‘40s for blues and R&B performers. He recorded “Rocket 88,” considered by many the first rock ‘n’ roll recording, under the name of his baritone sax player, Jackie Brenston, in 1951.

Turner and his band, the Kings of Rhythm, found a young singer named Annie Mae Bullock in 1956. Eventually, the singer was renamed Tina Turner and the two married.

Their first hit, “A Fool in Love,” was recorded in 1961 when another singer failed to show up for a session. After several early ‘60s hit R&B singles, including “It’s Gonna Work Out Fine” in 1961, they became major stars in England.

A 1971 cover version of John Fogerty’s “Proud Mary” reached No. 4 on the pop chart. Ike and Tina divorced in 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post

But, everything I have read said Songs From The Rock Hall Of Fame. River Deep Mountain High is not there...really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, afterall they let Fantasia sing a song by Queen on Big Band Night...anything is possible after that.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    But, everything I have read said Songs From The Rock Hall Of Fame. River Deep Mountain High is not there...really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, afterall they let Fantasia sing a song by Queen on Big Band Night...anything is possible after that.
    I didn't realize songs were inducted in to the Hall Of Fame. I thought only performers were.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I didn't realize songs were inducted in to the Hall Of Fame. I thought only performers were.
    My bad. I am confusing it with the Grammy Hall Of Fame....OOOPS

Celine Dion did a disco version of River Deep Mountain High back in the 90s. I wonder if this is the version Pia will sing?

I would really like to see her come and break bad. I wished for the week they performed a song from the year they were born, that she would have done Tell It To My Heart by Taylor Dane. It was a kicka** song. Here's a link for the You Tube video.

YouTube - Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Celine Dion did a disco version of River Deep Mountain High back in the 90s. I wonder if this is the version Pia will sing?
    Seeing as how that idgit Randy pretty much dared her to "do what Celine does", I wouldn't be surprised.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Seeing as how that idgit Randy pretty much dared her to "do what Celine does", I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be surprised if she does anything different from what she has done each week. She has promised to switch it up, but I can't see it. I'll believe it when I see it.

Her singing is almost as fake as her nose.

Not that I'm complaining, she's pretty easy on the eyes..

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Her singing is almost as fake as her nose.

Not that I'm complaining, she's pretty easy on the eyes..

I hadn't noticed that. Really? I think the only feature that catches my attention on tv are ears. When ears are very promient and stand out, it distracts me and I wonder why they haven't addressed it. I guess some people don't concern themself with things like that.

I want her to do well because there is always room for artists with big voices who can really deliver a song. Is she afraid of doing something different? I hope she really can do it.

+ Reply to Thread