+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

I like Pia and think she has a great voice. She's very pretty and does a very good job every time she's on stage - so she very well may win this season. I have not voted for her myself, though, because I find some other voices more to my liking. If she wins, I'll be absolutely fine with it because she does have talent - so she deserves to go far!

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    Yeah, that's why she's doing that Tina Turner song next week, I believe she'll rock the stage. I can't believe the hate for her on here, I very well believe she can win this and we're in for a surprise these next few weeks.

I love Pia and the way she sings ballads. I can see her in the finals as well. She is starting to sound the same each week, but to me that isn't a bad thing at all. However, it becomes a negative when it appears she is afraid to take chances and show some variety.

Next week will give her the chance to do so.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    Yeah, that's why she's doing that Tina Turner song next week, I believe she'll rock the stage. I can't believe the hate for her on here, I very well believe she can win this and we're in for a surprise these next few weeks.
    Speaking for myself, I don't hate Pia, but I do dislike her singing style. I don't even dislike ballads, but I haven't heard one song from her that I even remember let along got chills or goosebumps or whatever. I have a feeling she's going to sing the Tina Turner song with that screech she brings out, which I totally detest. Its just a matter of taste, I can't listen to Aretha Frankin either because of the screech. That's why I preferred Thia even though she pretty much did ballads as well, she has such a beautiful tone to her voice. As for a surprise, I doubt it, I think they're all more or less set in their styles and she might up tempo it a bit, but its still gonna be Pia. If she impresses me next week, I'll gladly come on here and eat my words.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Pia can sing no doubt. She's beautiful as well. But for me what she lacks is stage presence. She's just so... boring. She just stands there like a wooden board. She needs to stop the arm movement as well. How many times can you lift your arm up slowly to about shoulder height during one song? That movement doesn't convey anything. She needs to connect to the words and the emotions of these ballads. If she could do that, I could easily see her winning Idol. JMHO.

FORT Fanatic

Pia is one of the most amazing singers I have ever head on AI. She does not have to win to ensure a fabulous career in the future.

Some of my favorite singers through the years have been those who've done ballads. But, that was always due to the incredible styling / phrasing, etc. that they had, which made them memorable.
    Someone posted upthread about not getting "chills" when Pia sang.
    Sadly, I'd have to echo that. I truly cannot remember a single song she has done. I find her songs flat and totally devoid of any feeling, emotion, or style. For me, she is still a "pageant' contestant and nothing more.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have never cared about the he or she feels the song or lyrics argument. It's a singing contest not the Oprah Winfrey show. Remember Carrie Underwood when she was on Idol; she stood up there like a deer in headlights, but she still won because of her great voice. Now look at her after a few years of seasoning, she now commands the stage.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Well we know Pia won't be singing River Deep Mountain High. The song is not in the Rock Hall Of Fame.

Doesn't the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominate artists and bands, not songs? "River Deep, Mountain High" is still possible then, since Tina Turner has been inducted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I have never cared about the he or she feels the song or lyrics argument. It's a singing contest not the Oprah Winfrey show. Remember Carrie Underwood when she was on Idol; she stood up there like a deer in headlights, but she still won because of her great voice. Now look at her after a few years of seasoning, she now commands the stage.
    I feel the same exact way, Tigerusty.

And besides, it's all a matter of opinion. You see a contestant the way you see him or her, and nothing else. Personally, I see the connection between Pia and her songs, while I don't see it with Paul and his. But is that because I like her and don't like him? Possibly.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 04-03-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well we know Pia won't be singing River Deep Mountain High. The song is not in the Rock Hall Of Fame.
    "James Henke, chief curator for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with the help of music writers and critics, selected 500 songs (not only rock songs) that they believe have been most influential in shaping rock and roll."

River Deep, Mountain High is on this list.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread