+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

I usually don't have a problem with ballads. However, as I have not found any of her songs at all memorable, I'm just not liking her at all. I just find her to be a lounge singer, overall.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a feeling she will take their advice and do something more upbeat this week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Pia has a disconnected way of singing. She'll sing a couple soft verses, then jump, with no transitional notes, to a couple loud verses. Soft, boom, soft, boom, soft, boom. It's a stilted way of singing. Perhaps that's why she doesn't seem to be singing with feeling?
    At any rate, she has no soul to her phrasing. I'm not talking Motown soul, I'm talking soul as in simple emotion. She oughta study how Barbra Streisand injects soul into every ounce of her power ballads.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I think Pia needs for someone to address her image and steer her in the right direction. She doesn't know what it means to be an artist in the industry we have today. A lot of the kids don't. I think she has a considerable amount of talent and she needs a few of those guest producers to push her out of her comfort zone a little bit. I think nobody wants to tweak what she does because she sounds fine the way that she is. But we will get bored of her soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I think Pia needs for someone to address her image and steer her in the right direction. She doesn't know what it means to be an artist in the industry we have today. A lot of the kids don't. I think she has a considerable amount of talent and she needs a few of those guest producers to push her out of her comfort zone a little bit. I think nobody wants to tweak what she does because she sounds fine the way that she is. But we will get bored of her soon enough.
    I was bored of her after the first week. If she goes upbeat this week, I'll revise my opinion. Maybe.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

She does have a great voice... but her performances bore me. I'd never vote FOR her although, like I said, she does have a great voice... she just doesn't move me to care if she stays or goes.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Even though the ballads are getting overdone, I think she knows what the majority of America responds to. She got a great reception and built her fanbase on her first performance of "I'll Stand By You" in the semis. She probably saw that reaction and ran with it. I would say that a good majority of viewers love seeing the girls belt it out (see: LaToya London making it to the next round on "All By Myself" even without being shown at all through the auditions).

But I do agree that I want to see her vary it up a bit -- and it seems that she even knows that it's getting a little tiresome. (I think she tried during TOP12 week, when the melody of "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" was a bit uptempo... but it was a still fairly slow song.) She's still my favorite, though, and I want to see her truly let loose and show any doubters that she has it in her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

She is a beautiful girl with a rocking body and can sing. I don't see her as a stand out; there are many who fit this description. Enough with the ballads. I prefer upbeat music and have all of my life. Listening to slow and often mournful songs is a downer and boring. She cannot win this.

A major yawn. She sounds the same each week.Enough of the ballads!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    Even though the ballads are getting overdone, I think she knows what the majority of America responds to. She got a great reception and built her fanbase on her first performance of "I'll Stand By You" in the semis. She probably saw that reaction and ran with it. I would say that a good majority of viewers love seeing the girls belt it out (see: LaToya London making it to the next round on "All By Myself" even without being shown at all through the auditions).

But I do agree that I want to see her vary it up a bit -- and it seems that she even knows that it's getting a little tiresome. (I think she tried during TOP12 week, when the melody of "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" was a bit uptempo... but it was a still fairly slow song.) She's still my favorite, though, and I want to see her truly let loose and show any doubters that she has it in her.

Yeah, that's why she's doing that Tina Turner song next week, I believe she'll rock the stage. I can't believe the hate for her on here, I very well believe she can win this and we're in for a surprise these next few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread