+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    What's questionable is that only one person would pay that amount, which is what's being implied. I just don't see one person coughing up that much money for her. My guess is that if there is a "private event," it's being funded by the record company to hype interest in her.
    ---
    I don't find it surprising that a single person would pay that much. When you're a celebrity, you usually don't think anything of throwing that kind of money away on frivolous stuff. If I were going to spend that kind of money on booking a singing act, though, I would at least get somebody who would keep me awake, like Adam Lambert or David Cook.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I used to really like Pia, but I now see what everyone says about her craving attention. I am anxious to hear her new single though.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Pia Toscano Signs with Interscope and 19 - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

July 6, 2011 | 03:03 pm PT
    Pia Toscano Signs with Interscope and 19

Interscope Records is pleased to announce that it has signed Season 10 American Idol contestant Pia Toscano to a recording contract and will release her debut single, “This Time,” via all digital retailers on July 12. Pia will perform “This Time” when she hits the road for the American Idols Live! 2011 Tour, which kicks off TODAY in Salt Lake City, UT, and continues through the summer before concluding on September 10th in Rochester, NY.

“I am thrilled to be joining the Interscope and 19 Recordings family,” Pia says. “[Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman] Jimmy Iovine was an amazing mentor during my time on Idol and I’m looking forward to working with him and everyone at Interscope Records and 19 Recordings. This is a dream come true.”

A showcase for Pia’s rich, emotionally transparent voice, “This Time” was written and co-produced by Esther Dean, who is known penning hits for such artists as Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Mary J. Blige, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Nicole Scherzinger, and many more. The acoustic guitar and beat-driven track is just a taste of what’s to come when the Queens, NY, native releases her debut album, which she is currently working on, later this year.

Widely considered one of American Idol’s Season 10 frontrunners thanks to her powerhouse vocal ability and dark-haired beauty, Pia’s early elimination shocked and visibly upset judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler. The latter said of the voting public: “They’re wrong. I don’t know what happened with this. She’s beautiful. When she sings, she’s a bird.”

Outraged fans took to Twitter to express their support, including celebrities such as Tom Hanks, Jennifer Hudson, Ellen DeGeneres, Alyssa Milano, Dax Shepard, Marlon Wayons, and Ashton Kutcher. Kutcher phoned in to “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” to opine: “I think she was probably the best pure singer on the show, and she’s got all the makings of what it means to be a star in my opinion, so I was just irked [when she was voted off].”

Fans can check out Pia this summer on the American Idols Live! Tour where she will be performing her debut single “This Time.” Please visit Idols Summer Tour 2011 - American Idol for tour dates and more details.

Another reason why I have no desire to spend money on this year's tour.

However, I do think it would be interesting to hear how much applause she gets compared to the other contestants, particularly Scotty.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread