+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

I'm so bored with Pia, and I detest that screechy tone she gets sometimes. I want to see her sing an upbeat fun song, then I'll decide how I feel about her. Right now, she's just another Whitney wannabe for me, and my least favorite contestant.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Same here. She's another Katherine MacPhee for me. Can sing ok, but not terribly interesting at the end of the day.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Regular

Yes, bored here too. She certainly can sing well, but I'm left feeling very emotionally flat afterward. She just seems like a show-pony: primped, hair glossy shined and slicked back, rehearsed moves (though she rarely leaves her mic-stand). I feel like I am at a college-senior music recital by a good classical singer who does a pop-song at the end for fun...but it isn't that fun.

She's definitely good but idk, I just don't see her as a star really. Like, even if she does win I don't think she'd be the next Carrie or Kelly. (in terms of success)

She reminds me of Katherine McPhee in some ways.
    However, I liked Katherine a lot better.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

If you enjoy ballads and listening to love songs all day then Pia is going to be one of your favorites. I am one of those people. She does need to breathe some life into her stage presence, but she is a lot more exciting to watch then Thia.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I couldn't stand McPhee, Pia sings 1,000,000 times better. I agree she can be seen as a little on the cold side but her talent is undeniable. I think she will work to improve her stage presence. I don't mind ballads if they are done well and that's what she is good at. "All in Love is Fair" is such a huge favorite song of mine and her rendition was awesome! So I am glad she sang this ballad last night, it was my favorite performance of hers this season. My only complaint may be that it was a little too rushed, I actually would have liked it to have heard it slowed down just a bit more, but I know they have to squeeze those arrangements into 1:40 so they can make room for 1.5 hours of worthless filler and commercials But she was by far the best of the night last night!!

Funny how they can give Scotty a pass at sounding the same and doing country every week since that's "who he is" and he's "staying true to himself", but Pia is criticized for doing ballads every week even though that's what she excels at. I mean yes I would like to hear her change it up too but I am still glad she sang that song last night. I was on the fence with her before but she really made me a fan with that one

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Funny how they can give Scotty a pass at sounding the same and doing country every week since that's "who he is" and he's "staying true to himself", but Pia is criticized for doing ballads every week even though that's what she excels at. I mean yes I would like to hear her change it up too but I am still glad she sang that song last night. I was on the fence with her before but she really made me a fan with that one
    I think they're trying to give her good advice to do something upbeat because she's putting half the audience to sleep, and those of us who don't like power ballads (with a few exceptions) might be more inclined to actually pick up the phone and vote for her if we were entertained. Frankly, I'd rather see someone who Randy calls pitchy put on a good show than someone who stands there like a post week after week singing basically the same song.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I continue to like Pia the best of the girls but agree that she needs to get away from the power ballads at least part of the time. We already know she can do it well but have no idea what else. I don't think Randy could have told her more strongly what she needs to do next so hope she listens. I want to vote for her but haven't felt compelled to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I continue to like Pia the best of the girls but agree that she needs to get away from the power ballads at least part of the time. We already know she can do it well but have no idea what else. I don't think Randy could have told her more strongly what she needs to do next so hope she listens. I want to vote for her but haven't felt compelled to yet.
    Girl needs to sing something up tempo! The ballads, while sung very good, are getting to be an old story.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread