+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

American Idol's Pia Toscano Gets Cranking on First Album!

Starting on your album before the winner of the show that kicked you off starts on theirs? That's a sweet kind of revenge.

Sources tell E! News that former American Idol contestant Pia Toscano will start recording her debut album as early as next week. "She's set to start on Monday and we'll see what works for her," an insider tells us.

And when will be hearing her new music?

We're hearing that Pia's first duty will be to start recording possible singles to release after the Idol season ends.

There were rumors earlier this month that Pia was already at work on her album, though we were told that there was no done deal. Artists she will most likely work with under 19 Management include Idol producers Rodney Jerkins and Rock Mafia (Tim James and Antonina Armato).

It's shaping up to be a big week for Pia. Aside from her recording sessions, she's due to collect a $100,000 check for a private performance this coming Sunday, per TMZ.

What do you guys think? Will Pia hit it big? Will you buy her debut album?
    American Idol's Pia Toscano Gets Cranking on First Album! - E! Online
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I really don't think Pia would have had any opportunity to accept or decline this offer. She has to have people representing her & negotiating these deals. I just don't think she would be negotiating directly with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Let me apologize for my outburst above. I was simply frustrated and worried about my sister. They don't expect to have power again until the end of this week. In the meantime, my sister is stuck trying to cope with her kids, who are too young to go to school and so really are stuck.

I really, really hope that this is just a terrible rumor, because I hate to think ill of anybody. Pia seemed like a nice girl on the show, so I really hope all this adulation hasn't swelled her ego. It would kill me to think that a nice girl had been turned into a diva who didn't care about others.
    No need...I live in one of the areas that are affected by the tornado and floods...I am so thankful not to have terrible damage myself, but have seen first hand the misery that nature can create.
    I will stick to my opinion though that those who are paid outrageously high fees for single performances should show some kind of graciousness and thankfulness by giving some to charity or some such thing. Many, many stars do this on an ongoing basis. I just feel that it is a human need to be charitable, to maintain balance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I really don't think Pia would have had any opportunity to accept or decline this offer. She has to have people representing her & negotiating these deals. I just don't think she would be negotiating directly with anyone.
    I agree. This will be an Idol-controlled album. But it is a really good deal. Rodney Jerkins is great. Also, the show has been wanting a female singer for quite some time. The female winners have done better post-Idol. And I guess the execs decided Pia is their winner even though she didn't even come close. She is getting the Clay Aiken treatment. I don't think she could turn this opportunity down. But why would she want to turn it down?

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    No need...I live in one of the areas that are affected by the tornado and floods...I am so thankful not to have terrible damage myself, but have seen first hand the misery that nature can create.
    I also grew up in tornado country and personally witnessed some sad destruction in my time, but what do tornados and floods have to do with Pia? There are people in wretched poverty in in Africa, India etc. Should Pia and every other celebrity tithe to every charity around the globe?

I will stick to my opinion though that those who are paid outrageously high fees for single performances should show some kind of graciousness and thankfulness by giving some to charity or some such thing.
    Okay. How much charity would be enough for Pia's supposed $100,000 singing event? One percent? Five percent? 80 percent? Exactly how much would Pia need to spend to qualitfy herself as a moral person?
    --
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-04-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Sorry, I don't believe for a second someone would pay Pia $100,000 to sing. This must be some kind of publicity stunt by her PR folks.
    ---
    ---
    What would make you not believe that? 100K is pretty standard for someone coming off of Idol. I know they were winners but I can remember Fantasia & Carrie getting that much right after the show. Don't know where Fantasia is now, but Carrie has gone above that figure. If Pia has good enough management negotiating for her, I can easily see her getting 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    What would make you not believe that? 100K is pretty standard for someone coming off of Idol. I know they were winners but I can remember Fantasia & Carrie getting that much right after the show. Don't know where Fantasia is now, but Carrie has gone above that figure. If Pia has good enough management negotiating for her, I can easily see her getting 100k.
    What's questionable is that only one person would pay that amount, which is what's being implied. I just don't see one person coughing up that much money for her. My guess is that if there is a "private event," it's being funded by the record company to hype interest in her.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    What's questionable is that only one person would pay that amount, which is what's being implied. I just don't see one person coughing up that much money for her. My guess is that if there is a "private event," it's being funded by the record company to hype interest in her.
    ---
    If this is true and that's a big if, it could be a company party. A lot of former idols including Chris Daughtry have done that after the show and it paid very well. Pia couldn't turn down or accept anything on her own. She has a strict contract with Idol (not sure if it's still through 19) and does nothing without their approval. Whether she gives money to charity is a personal decision and she's the only one who knows her own situation. Maybe she really needs the money. The other thing is that there are no guarantees in that industry. She'd be smart to save whatever she can because not many Idols have found success.

I'm very happy that she's working on her record. Can't wait to hear what kind of music she'll be doing. I'm assuming it will be more pop than what we heard on Idol.

FORT Fogey

Pia's new single might be coming out soon. I read Iovine wants to put it out as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Pia's new single might be coming out soon. I read Iovine wants to put it out as soon as possible.
    The more people, in this case, Pia, Scotty, Lauren & Haley, that have current singles out prior to the tour, can only help all of them in the marketplace & at the ticket counter.

+ Reply to Thread