+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

I think this is a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    It' more the fact that she turned down 50,000.
    Exactly. My sister's over in Alabama. She has three young kids bouncing off the walls because they haven't had power for the past several days. She has also lost most of her food since they don't have refrigeration. And you want to tell me 50 g's ain't good enough for Miss "Parading with a Louis Vitton purse at the performance"? Don't think so. This had better be a rumor, princess, or I'll tell all my friends and family about you, too.

And note to TMZ: if this is your attempt to try and make us fall in love with Princess Pia, then it's not working.

And the fact that anyone would pay to have her sing in the first place.
    There is that. I'd hire her for a party--if I wanted my guests to go home early.

I'd put on a copy of William Hung's Christmas album before anything by her.
    Last edited by Babbred; 05-01-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    If one aspires to be a professional singer, then there should be nothing wrong with singing for money. I don't get that criticism. If someone paid me $100,000 to sing, I'd do it. Wouldn't you? I'd do it for far less. And popular singers are often paid that much to sing. Good for her.
    More power to her!

FORT Fogey

Nobody commented about singing for money being inappropriate for a professional singer.....I don't see that anywhere here. The comments were directed at the silliness of the vague rumor by TMZ ( new mouthpiece of AI). It is all too vague as to the details except for the very specific detail that she rejected $50,000....that they knew but not who was hiring her.

If this is true and Pia turned down 50k and got 100k...it gives me a big stomach ache..

It just doesn't seem right that people in Alabama and elsewhere are suffering so much and Pia can get this kind of money. I hope she donates a percentage to helping others, like so many high paid performers do!!!!!! That will show me for sure what her story is!

Sorry, I don't believe for a second someone would pay Pia $100,000 to sing. This must be some kind of publicity stunt by her PR folks.
    ---
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    If this is true and Pia turned down 50k and got 100k...it gives me a big stomach ache..

It just doesn't seem right that people in Alabama and elsewhere are suffering so much and Pia can get this kind of money. I hope she donates a percentage to helping others, like so many high paid performers do!!!!!! That will show me for sure what her story is!
    Let me apologize for my outburst above. I was simply frustrated and worried about my sister. They don't expect to have power again until the end of this week. In the meantime, my sister is stuck trying to cope with her kids, who are too young to go to school and so really are stuck.

I really, really hope that this is just a terrible rumor, because I hate to think ill of anybody. Pia seemed like a nice girl on the show, so I really hope all this adulation hasn't swelled her ego. It would kill me to think that a nice girl had been turned into a diva who didn't care about others.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I hope your sister and her family are ok, babbred. And of course, anyone else who's affected by the devastation in the SE. You never think it will happen to you.

Regarding Pia - I never thought she was that hot, but if someone wants to pay her $100k, it's fine by me. If she turned down $50k initially, good for her too, I guess. You have to have a good financial head on your shoulders to make it in this business. She hasn't been around the block or have a good enough PR person around her to manage this story though. It would be nice if she donated some $$ as a goodwill gesture, but even if she doesn't I don't think it means she's a terrible person. She just needs a better handler. David Cook really knew how to use his celebrity to make waves in the charity arena, but that's because his brother had brain cancer for so many years. I wonder if Ruben or any of the other Idols from that region have made donations?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I wonder if Ruben or any of the other Idols from that region have made donations?
    Ruben has been heavily involved with sickle cell disease research charities for years.

But I do not expect any Idol contestant, especially someone starting to make a career like Pia, to give their earnings to charity. Again, I don't think Pia was paid $100,000 for anything, but if she had, I certainly would not insist that she give some of the money to charity. That's a very personal decision.--
    --
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-02-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Totally agree, pillbeam. Very personal decision, and I don't expect her to donate either. (Didn't mean anything about Ruben, just knew he lived in that region.) Would love to know if this story is true, and if so, who would be willing to pay that much for her performance. I'm sure this happens often (private performances), but I wonder how much people get paid. I thought I heard a story about Barbra Streisand, but can't remember how much she got paid.

+ Reply to Thread