+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

They just want to make everyone a Chris Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson gone-too-soon type.

They forget about the ones such as Katherine McPhee who certainly had a fine voice. beauty and an appealing stage presence.

In my opinion ... Pia runs more in the Kat category minus the stage appeal.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. It used to be said that it didn't matter what they were saying, as long as people were talking about you. Something like that. Those days are long gone. The media is very different now.
    "No publicity is bad publicity." However, you're right in your comments.

What the media pushes at us in not necessarily what we want. It is their choice and they don't make stars, we do. Who cares about the royal wedding? We are not begging to hear about it everyday for months. No one wants to hear about Pia either. It is the media's choice and does not mean we care or are interested.

Actually, I can't wait to see the royal wedding tomorrow, but then, I'm just an old romantic.

Back to Pia. Although she auditioned several times previously for AI, did she actually make it in front of Simon and Paula? Just curious, because in the initial auditions the producers pick the contestants who go before the celebrity judges.

They just want to make everyone a Chris Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson gone-too-soon type.

They forget about the ones such as Katherine McPhee who certainly had a fine voice. beauty and an appealing stage presence.

In my opinion ... Pia runs more in the Kat category minus the stage appeal.
    Great comparison, Echo. I remember when Kat had Clive Davis drooling with her torch-song rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." After AI ended, Kat had a cameo on my then-favorite show "Ugly Betty," where the heroine raved "I've got McPhever!" And what on earth has happened to her since then?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If we are still talking about Pia a month from now does that mean she is still relevant?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Argh! Why do people keep bumping this? Can't we just focus on the people who are still in the running?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    If we are still talking about Pia a month from now does that mean she is still relevant?
    Pia who?
    ---
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Argh! Why do people keep bumping this? Can't we just focus on the people who are still in the running?
    I'd be happy to, until she makes another appearance. Maybe as a guest on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!"?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Some of us are enjoying talking about the media and its role in creating celebrity. Perhaps just ignore this thread if the conversation doesn't interest you, no?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Pia was OK on DWTS -- big voice, little emotion, typical Pia. She is lucky that she has a viable way to extend her 15 minutes. I am reticent of a true relationship for her with Mark Ballas....sounds like no more than a publicity stunt to me.
    While Pia does not have good stage presence, on the other hand, to me the average person, Pia has a beautiful, strong, voice.

Now on Dancing With the Stars, the guest vocal performances are NOT the visual accents. They are the audio accents. The dancers are the main visual accents.The guest vocal performers never move around on the platform if the DWTS dancers are going to perform. Therefore, Pia played extremely well in the Dancing With the Stars setting.

In addition, they did something different with Pia's appearance, ostensibly, because she and Mark are dating and because Mark was the pro dancing to her guest vocal performance.
    They showed a split screen of Pia's head and Mark dancing. Because it was only Pia's head, it didn't matter that the rest of her body was not moving or doing anything else.

A lot of people on the DWTS board don't like Mark, so Pia got blasted on the DWTS board, and a lot of people don't like her on this board, so she got blasted here, but objectively, I think the performance went fine. She sang beautifully. Mark danced well, and Pia spoke without any pizzazz or sparkle when Tom interviewed her which incidently he infrequently does with guest performers.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

She has a beautiful voice, but bores me to tears. She is too "Miss America Pagent" for me
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Pia did a fine imitation of Brooke when she was talking to Tom.

+ Reply to Thread