+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    And her performance last night with just as lackluster as ever.
    The crowd went mild afterwards.
    Oh god, I love this!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Oh god, I love this!

Lol...seriously. There was hardly a peep out of them following Pia's performance. Im sensing they feel like her 15 minutes are over.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Lol...seriously. There was hardly a peep out of them following Pia's performance. Im sensing they feel like her 15 minutes are over.
    Crowd went mild...you just made me choke on my coffee. The problem now is Pia was voted off AI for a reason & if the PTB keep trying to shove Miss Pia down our throats she & her music "career" will suffer for it. I am just over all of this Pia crappola & in fact, AI. American Idol was Simon & these 3 judges, if one can call them that, ruined a once great show. Can Jennifer have 1 thought all of her own or does she need her husband to whisper in her ear to tell her what her opinion of the singer she just heard was??? Did you ever notice how many times she looks down at papers where she is sitting?

FORT Fogey

All this hype is hurting her tremendously. Apparently she does not have anyone near to council her. There are so many things she could say to mitigate the damage.

She is a very shy girl! She won't be able to change that about herself overnight. But to me that's not such a horrible quality, she is very sweet and that's a good thing. If she wants to make a big name for herself that is definitely something she needs to work on though. Her talent is undeniable, she definitely had the best voice out of this years top 10, and she fully deserves to have a successful singing career. I wish her the best of luck in making that happen.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I had friend (sort of) who was beautiful, very much so. When we would go out with her she just sat or stood there knowing her looks would bring the men to her. She never put out effort and was humorless and unable to carry on a conversation very well. Pia reminded me of her as she stood next to Tom, offering nothing of herself. And the coy s**t about dating Mark is nuts. You are not that famous Pia. Talk about how much fun you are having with each other! Say something about how getting kicked off the show is an opportunity to move forward and create something grand. Say something, anything.
    I hear you, but I have had a different take on Pia from the beginning. I don't think that there is much between her ears -- my guess is that Pia was never close to being an honors student.

I had a voice student exactly like her years ago. She had an amazing and big voice, but certainly required extra help in the academic arena. She was a hard worker, but she had no natural insight or depth of perception. If I chose solos for her that allowed her to COPY someone, she was amazing. If there were no recording from which she could assimilate the style and melody of the piece, she sank.

I think Pia is another of those kids -- and her inability to meaningfully converse with Tom was yet another example of her need to "parrot"....or fail. Singing in a talent show doesn't require much intellect; performing for a living certainly does.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I hear you, but I have had a different take on Pia from the beginning. I don't think that there is much between her ears -- my guess is that Pia was never close to being an honors student.
    I had a voice student exactly like her years ago. She had an amazing and big voice, but certainly required extra help in the academic arena. She was a hard worker, but she had no natural insight or depth of perception. If I chose solos for her that allowed her to COPY someone, she was amazing. If there were no recording from which she could assimilate the style and melody of the piece, she sank.

I think Pia is another of those kids -- and her inability to meaningfully converse with Tom was yet another example of her need to "parrot"....or fail. Singing in a talent show doesn't require much intellect; performing for a living certainly does.
    Oh, I agree with you. I didn't meant to imply otherwise. I get what you are saying.

I absolutely agree with your observations on Jacob. His performances are absolutely over-reactive, over-hyper and over-the-top to the point of amateurish ridiculousness. I don't consider Jacob to be someone who commands the stage. He is merely overdoing his performances for the sake of overdoing them. But I am not referring to merely screaming and over-singing. Rather, I am talking about those who perform a song and emote the lyrics in a believable manner.
    I think you are misunderstood my comment about Jacob. When I said he sings his real emotions, I wasn't putting him down. It's fine to sing with your real emotions or not to sing with your real emotions, as long you are connecting with the audience. You can feel the emotion for real or you can act it. Like a lot of great singers, Jacob had done both. Jacob has commanded the stage many times recently with great vocal control, restraint and believable heartfelt emotion. He has wonderfully expressed the meaning of the writers' songs. He is the most professional singer left in the competition. He has sung a lot of soft low notes when appropriate, then soared with his remarkable vocal range, when appropriate. I am looking foward to buying his first album.
    ---
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-27-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Pia grated me to my core last night when Tom asked her why on earth she'd ever got voted off American Idol, and she played 'I've been so wronged' card, stating, she's "in a better place now"...lol, as though she'd been horribly victimized in a crime or something..puh-lease...all you were was voted off a singing competition show. That's all, Pia.

And her performance last night with just as lackluster as ever. The crowd went mild afterwards.
    I saw the show and I did not see it happen this way at all. She did a great job and she answered Tom's questions without playing a "card." I would like to know what she did or said that seemed like she was trying to play the victim.

I think the activity in this thread proves that Pia is not boring. She has been voted off for weeks now and viewers still cannot stop talking about her. Certainly Lee Dewyze didn't inspire this sort of attention after winning last season. She is also more talked about than any of the kids still in the competition. I've got to say that this is a good start to her career. Maybe a lot of Idol viewers don't like her but we are certainly giving her a lot of buzz and we can't seem to stop talking about her. Anyway, AI viewers have become horrible at finding talent lately. Pia should not take this as a negative at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I think the activity in this thread proves that Pia is not boring. She has been voted off for weeks now and viewers still cannot stop talking about her.
    Well, Sanjaya was talked about enormously in his thread during his competition season. The posts were countless. But his attention at the FORT did not portend great showbusiness success. The reason people are talking so much about Pia is because, she is, for a lot of us, a great waste of vocal cords. Her voice has this beautiful tone and fabulous vocal range---all gone to remarkable waste because of her lack of emotional connection with the audience. This is fascinating to a lot of folks, like me.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread