+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree Misty. If votes were limited we would see different results. I would gladly vote if there was a limit. Who goes depends on what viewing group is passionate enough to dial or text endlessly.
    Wait, if there are 200 million viewers and roughly 50 million votes (phone, text, internet), then maybe there really isn't all of this "block voting" going on - or if/when it does happen, it doesn't necessarily have a major impact on the overall outcome. I've done my share of voting in the past, and while I don't think my single votes make a huge difference, when they are combined with every other single vote, I've noticed my favorites seem to fare well.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

This was her sixth try at AI - having made it to Hollywood Week in a previous audition. She's been hacking away at forming a career for some time...once she has the right contacts, she'll be able to take it anywhere she wants.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This was her sixth try at AI - having made it to Hollywood Week in a previous audition. She's been hacking away at forming a career for some time...once she has the right contacts, she'll be able to take it anywhere she wants.

I didn't know this was Pia's sixth time to try out for American Idol. That is very interesting. Has a winner of this show ever tried out to be on it more then once?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I didn't know this was Pia's sixth time to try out for American Idol. That is very interesting. Has a winner of this show ever tried out to be on it more then once?
    The only one I know about that sort of fits this is Jordin. She was denied in the very first round of the initial city she tried out in. She got through to the audition in front of the judges in the second city she tried out in.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It doesn't really matter but Pia said it was her 5th in an interverview. I think it's great that she gets to perform on DWTS. I don't think it's really special treatment because this is the 1st year that AI and DWTS don't compete for ratings and she does have a connection in the show. Mark has been in the audience at AI a couple of times plus talked to Ryan on camera and we normally wouldn't see that.

I'm a middle aged woman who loved and voted for Pia (and Casey). I don't even like power ballads or those who sing them but for some reason just really like Pia's voice. I don't even find her boring other than I wanted her to pick more upbeat songs before she finally did it. She has said she can move around the stage but was worried about it impacting her vocals. I think her being shy also has a lot to do with the boring tag. Not everyone is out there in personality and I think that's a lot of what hurt Pia. I do think it was a shocking boot because a lot of people talked about her being in the f2 or 3.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I see Pia more desperate for fame than anything else. And because she's been told all her life how beautiful she is, and that her name belongs on the marquee, she'll open the door each and every time opportunity comes knocking.

After exhausting all of Hollywood's "get famous quick" avenues, i.e., TV shows, recording contracts, etc., and said avenues fizzle out, she'll make her way down desperation road. That, being, scantily clad magazine layouts in Maxim, Playboy etc.

Point being, she's really not as fabulously talented--musically speaking--as she really thinks she is. The last thing top 40 radio needs is another marginally talented, non-charismatic pop-tart relying on good looks and a series of glory notes alone, to sell records.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't see Pia as being more desperate for fame than any other AI contestant. Each of these contestants will take advantage of any opportunities that come their way after the show, especially anything that gives them visibility. Dancing with the Stars is a perfectly fine vehicle for that. However, Pia doesn't strike me as having much talent in the dancing department, based on her moves on AI. That probably does not matter in terms of her career.
    ---
    ----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

According to FOX_Research: “#AMERICANIDOL-Wed (4/6/11, Top 9 / Pia’s final perf show) ties Superbowl XLV w/ biggest total DVR playback in TV history (7.3m Live > L+7)”
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I'm actually kind of amazed by the amount of "Pia hate" there seems to be on here. What I see is a talented young woman who is making the most of the opportunities she has. With the music business being what it is and how hard it is to break into it, in my opinion, when that door of opportunity is open, Pia would just be stupid to not make every effort to get herself seen and heard.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I see Pia more desperate for fame than anything else. And because she's been told all her life how beautiful she is, and that her name belongs on the marquee, she'll open the door each and every time opportunity comes knocking.
    Point being, she's really not as fabulously talented--musically speaking--as she really thinks she is. The last thing top 40 radio needs is another marginally talented, non-charismatic pop-tart relying on good looks and a series of glory notes alone, to sell records.
    I agree with you on this. Everything about this girl has been calculated within an in of it's life & that is what makes her appear to be "fake". Part of me also believes that her early boot from AI might have also been "staged". She sure is getting a lot of attention for a contestant that was booted this early. I hope it doesn't backfire on her.

An previous post mentioned that Pia said she can move around stange but thought it might affect her vocals. Isn't that sort of like being able to chew gum & walk at the same time but choosing to not walk so it doesn't affect your chewing???

I dunno but there was really something about this girl I just never could connect to.

+ Reply to Thread