+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Misty8723 I'm not going to quote the entire post, basically this is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseam by others who are much better than I at explaining this. You are referring to the old Idol, we are talking about what has happened over the past 3 to 4 years.

This is not something that only a few of us disgruntled with the voting are talking about, this is something that is being noticed across the internet and in various entertainment circles. Something has changed and nobody is really sure what or why.

By the way, Jordan and Carrie appeal to the very same voters that we are talking about. David Cook defines the concept of "pretty", my word, that guy had the female vote almost sealed up. So not good examples. The others? Are from eons ago before the "something" changed.

Remember, what we read here is just a microcosm of what is going on out there in viewer land and on other forums. We actually skew differently many times than what the voters are doing or what other forums are posting. I like to think it's because we have more mature and articulate posters here.
    It is impossible to gather statistics on this so it is all just conjecture. However if the viewers who vote, I am not one, are passionate enough to dial and text repeatedly, they are the ones who will buy the music. And that is who they should want controlling the winner.

In Pia's case, we know she never had high numbers and many of us talked about how she failed to move us in anyway. Seems this was true across the nation. Because she was pretty? nope

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I hardly noticed her in that whole group. She is not the star that the news people are making her out to be....
    I always felt she'd max out as a (great) backup singer.

Looks like Pia wants to be a contestant on DWTS next:

Pia Toscano Wants To Be On Next Season Of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ [AUDIO]

American Idol alumnus Pia Toscano called in to “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” first thing Thursday to discuss her upcoming performance with new boyfriend Mark Ballas on next weeks “Dancing with the Stars,” and possibly becoming a contestant next season.

For the first time last week Pia was able to sit with American Idol audiences and watch the performances of the remaining idol contestants saying, “I was so nervous for them! I was going through all their emotions. But it was good to be back.”

Since her elimination from American Idol Pia has not only been romantically connected to dancing star Mark Ballas, but also set to perform with Mark on “Dancing with the Stars” next week! Pia detailed how she came to be invited to the show. “Honestly, I was just asked to appear on the show. Its one of my favorite shows, besides American Idol. I thought it would be a great idea. I’m really looking forward to it. Its going to be lots of fun.” Pia went on to deny rumors her new found boyfriend lobbied for their upcoming performance saying, “My management asked me. No, it wasn’t Mark. He didn’t even know.”

When asked if Pia would be dancing with Mark she denied saying, “No, I don’t think so. I’m just going to be singing. I think he will be dancing to my music.” However Pia does have high hopes of becoming a contestant on the popular celebrity dancing program saying, “I’m definitely a huge fan so its definitely something that I would love to do!”

Listen to the full interview below to get all the details on Pia’s performance.
    Pia Toscano Wants To Be On Next Season Of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ [AUDIO] | Ryan Seacrest - The official entertainment news site of American Idol host and American Top 40 on air radio personality!

Clink link to listen to her interview
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Let me say again that I have never had anything against Pia. Great voice, pretty girl, but no charisma. The whole hubbub over signing her before the winner is announced is not her fault - of course she wants to do the most she can off the coat tails of AI. But wanting to compete on DWTS? I guess she's bought into the whole mirage that she is a STAR now. I don't think she's earned that title yet.
    Count your blessings!

A she is not.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I hardly noticed her in that whole group. She is not the star that the news people are making her out to be....

A-MEN! I thought they all sounded awful, Pia included. Sorry, but she ain't "all that".

I have to agree with the poster who said if she wasn't pretty, would there be so much "outrage" at her getting eliminated? I'm gonna say probably not.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    It is impossible to gather statistics on this so it is all just conjecture. However if the viewers who vote, I am not one, are passionate enough to dial and text repeatedly, they are the ones who will buy the music. And that is who they should want controlling the winner.

In Pia's case, we know she never had high numbers and many of us talked about how she failed to move us in anyway. Seems this was true across the nation. Because she was pretty? nope
    That's kind of my point, its all conjecture. And sometimes sounds like nothing more than sour grapes when a favorite of someone goes. I do have what I think is a good idea, why not have dual idols, a guy and a girl, that way everyone is happy.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Well, this isn't as bad compared to Starr (who won season 13 of The Amazing Race with her brother) declaring that she wanted to be on the DwtS.

And there aren't any statistics of who is voting, per se, but I've seen breakdowns of the viewers of this show. As an example, here's a quote from the most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Of Idol's total viewership of 25.1 million, 15.5 million are women -- 19 percent of them are ages 18-34, and 5 percent 12-17.
    (It's page 20 if you want to look. )

Harmony is spot on: this is all ad nauseum at this point. I think I've made my speculation clear and even cited my reasoning behind it. And it's not like I'm the only one who is wondering about this same topic.

Anyway, after a couple days of discussion, I think it's clear that Pia being female never factors into some posters' minds when determining their opinion of her. I'm not going to say that this is how it is for all of the viewers for this show. But I never thought that my wondering was attributable to all of Pia's non-fans in the first place.

I'm no stranger to deep discussion like this. During the fifth season of SYTYCD, I tried to see if one contestant was getting through based mainly on his personality instead of his dance ability. I tackled that situation all wong, though, when I stated my speculation as if it was factual, as if I had gone into the households of each viewer and asked them how they vote. But I never thought it was fact; I simply wanted to see if there was any basis to my wondering. This is exactly how I felt with this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Well you were responding to my post when you plastered on that label, in fact you quoted my post as a preface. I was just trying to post a metaphor about why it wasn't right for Pia to get a recording contract before the winner had even been crowned.
    This is going to sound so dumb, but what exactly do you mean by "plastering"? As for the metaphor, I now get where you're coming from. But since I was the one who pretty much brought the discussion to this thread, I thought it was a direct call-out to me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

So she said she would like to be on DWTS, big deal. It's not like she called a press conference to declare it or anything. She was being interviewed about her upcoming appearance on the show and was asked if she would be dancing with Mark when she replied “No, I don’t think so. I’m just going to be singing." She then said “I’m definitely a huge fan so its definitely something that I would love to do!” which has evolved into the headlines of "Pia Toscano Wants To Be On Next Season Of ‘Dancing with the Stars’" Please, everyone is making a huge deal out of this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    So she said she would like to be on DWTS, big deal. It's not like she called a press conference to declare it or anything. She was being interviewed about her upcoming appearance on the show and was asked if she would be dancing with Mark when she replied “No, I don’t think so. I’m just going to be singing." She then said “I’m definitely a huge fan so its definitely something that I would love to do!” which has evolved into the headlines of "Pia Toscano Wants To Be On Next Season Of ‘Dancing with the Stars’" Please, everyone is making a huge deal out of this.
    Well, if her "dancing" on Idol has been any indication of how she'll fare on DWTS, her performances there should be just as gripping as what we have already seen. Actually, trying to watch someone with no rhythm and no stage presence try to dance can be pretty entertaining....

I wish her the best, regardless of what she pursues. She's just a young girl who always wanted to be a singer, and she didn't have the success she wanted on Idol, so she will move on.

+ Reply to Thread