+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Pia was actually one of my favorites, and I was even getting bored with her, and I was not surprised that she was eliminated. Between the boards and people that I talk to in the real world, I think that is the general concensus. She has a gorgeous voice, but it was almost like watching a stone statue sing. I know that she has been compared to Tamyra Gray, and that is how I felt about Tamyra, too. I also knew of people that had gotten frustrated with her because she seemed to discount the judges' advice for serveral weeks in a row. Her attempt at "revving" it up last week, was too little, too late, for some. To be honest, I was expecting her to go (or to at least be in the bottom). I hope that Stefano does not have to pay the price for her leaving. If he leaves on his own merit, so be it -- I do not want those upset about Pia to try and punish him because he stayed.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I find her to be a technically accomplished singer... but without any charisma that ever inspired me (and apparently not enough others) to pick up the phone and vote for her. Is it my fault? Hardly. Anyone (especially any competitor) who things AI is merely a singing competition is naive. If it were just to find the best singer, the show would be on the radio and last time I checked it's not.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    ITA. All of my friends, co-workers, neighbors, and family (none of whom ever go to any message boards) all were shocked and mad that Pia was let go as they expected her to win it all. She is the total package, like Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood.
    I've heard both Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood (throw in Tamyra Gray also), & Pia is nowhere in that category right now. If she was anywhere in that area as a singer/performer she would still be around.

Pia is more of a poor woman's LaToya London. They sang in a similiar way, had similiar voices, & sang similiar songs (LaToya London still owns "All By Myself" of idol singers at least, Pia was gonna sing another one LaToya London sang this week "Somewhere" if she was around this week.)
    Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 04-11-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    ITA. All of my friends, co-workers, neighbors, and family (none of whom ever go to any message boards) all were shocked and mad that Pia was let go as they expected her to win it all. She is the total package, like Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood.

Obviously, the majority of AI fans felt the same way:
    "American Idol" Fans -- Get Rid of Stefano Langone, Bring Back Pia Toscano! | TMZ.com

This has been a good week for both Pia and American Idol. In more ways then one. It is a win win situation and I am sure everyone involved is aware of this.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Nigel Lithgow, executive producer, said he was not suprised at Pia's departure. He said he is privy to the numbers each week and she was never close to the lead. He said, "she failed to connect with the viewers." Something many of us have said since the get go.

All this talk about her being pretty and women not voting for her is total nonsense. Simply, she failed to inspire a fan base.

Her brief interviews about possibly dating dancing with stars pro, Mark, were hopelessly dull. She has a media blitz now that will last only until the next is voted off; make the most of it! Don't say, we are just friends! Celebrities trying to guard their privacy say that. Even if true, give a little something.

Anyone who loves "River Deep, Mountain High" and wants to see it performed with more enthusiasm and soul should try to catch the Glee rerun tonight of the "Duets" episode, which features that song done as a duet by the Santana and Mercedes characters.

IMO their version leaves Pia's in the dust.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 04-12-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Nigel Lithgow, executive producer, said he was not suprised at Pia's departure. He said he is privy to the numbers each week and she was never close to the lead. He said, "she failed to connect with the viewers." Something many of us have said since the get go.

All this talk about her being pretty and women not voting for her is total nonsense. Simply, she failed to inspire a fan base.

Her brief interviews about possibly dating dancing with stars pro, Mark, were hopelessly dull. She has a media blitz now that will last only until the next is voted off; make the most of it! Don't say, we are just friends! Celebrities trying to guard their privacy say that. Even if true, give a little something.
    Since it has been proven that most of the voters are women, or young girls who tend to vote for the "cute" guys, then I think it is not total nonsense as you say. Women just don't support other women. it is so in the workplace, it is so in the entertainment industry & it is so on this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post

Since it has been proven that most of the voters are women, or young girls who tend to vote for the "cute" guys, then I think it is not total nonsense as you say.

Women just don't support other women. it is so in the workplace, it is so in the entertainment industry & it is so on this show.
    I have seen no proof if this (1st bold) and I doubt it possible to gather statistics for this claim.

I am a woman who suppports women in all arenas but not without merit, certainly.

You cannot put any group of people inside a sweeping statement, that is all inclusive, and claim it to be valid.

Look at all the accomplished women in the entertainment field. Do you really think their only support is from men? Really?

All men, all blacks, all Asian, all Hispanics...... Give this a shot and see where you get!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I have seen no proof if this (1st bold) and I doubt it possible to gather statistics for this claim.

I am a woman who suppports women in all arenas but not without merit, certainly.

You cannot put any group of people inside a sweeping statement, that is all inclusive, and claim it to be valid.

Look at all the accomplished women in the entertainment field. Do you really think their only support is from men? Really?

All men, all blacks, all Asian, all Hispanics...... Give this a shot and see where you get!
    I have worked in an environment where it was all women but me & they all hated working with other women. Everyone of them at one time or another told me flat out they would rather work with men anytime, anaywhere. They were constantly feuding & back stabbing & passing rumors about each other, whether confirmed or not. Believe me, I was the one that got to hear it all, like it or not.

As to the entertainment industry, all I can say is what I have seen from Country Music & Carrie. She has lots of male friends that support her, but there are very few, very few, women that say anything nice about her. In fact if it is a nasty snide comment it has come from a female. Wynonna, LeAnn Rimes, the infamous Faith Hill incident, Gretchen Wilson & on & on it goes.

I know, I was wrong to generalize, but in large part women tend to do everything in their power to help defeat their female counterparts especially good looking ones like Pia.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Since it has been proven that most of the voters are women, or young girls who tend to vote for the "cute" guys, then I think it is not total nonsense as you say. Women just don't support other women. it is so in the workplace, it is so in the entertainment industry & it is so on this show.
    Proven by whom? Look back over the seasons, how many of the winners were "cute" guys? I'm a woman and I don't care how "cute" the guy is, if I don't like his singing I'm not voting for him. And if I like a girl better, I'm voting for her. I think its just all nonsense that girls only vote for guys. If that were true, how did Carrie Underwood win? How did Crystal get to second place last year? If that were true, we would have 5 girls eliminated before it even got to the guys, and bottom three girls each week. I just think that theory makes absolutely no sense at all.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread