+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

The reason Pia left is because she did not inspire enough voters. It is that simple. There are many reasons and none of them have to do with women not voting for a beautiful girl! This debate always comes up on this show and any other with viewer participation.

She didn't show much personality and viewers failed to connect, myself being one of them. That is on Pia and not the viewers.

We get to know them through the clips they show and that is part of establishing a fan base. A good example is James and his passion for wrestling and all that created. We see him, we know him more now. No one saw much of Pia.

As I said earlier, Pia will not be putting out a record before the winner is chosen. That would be ridiculous, because the main prize of the contest for the winner is a record deal, and much of the show's ratings success is based on the suspense surrounding the announcement of the winner.

Here is what PopEater is reporting:

"As previously reported, Interscope is already calling every top songwriter and producer to get an album together [for Pia] and rush-release it before the end of the season, but none of this matters unless 'Idol' allows her to do it.

"No way do the producers want a contestant who was kicked off having a hit record when the winner hasn't even been announced yet," another 'Idol' insider tells me. If you start having singers who were voted off charting before the show has wrapped, then the entire process loses credibility, my source contends.

"This is about protecting the brand, not about protecting Pia," the insider says. "She can record as many songs as she wants, but 'Idol' will refuse to allow them to be released for now until the show is over."

Here's the whole link:
    http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/11/p...american-idol/

Last edited by pillbeam; 04-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

When she was on REGIS the morning, he asked her about it and she denied that anything had been signed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Maybe not on this board, but there is a reason that there has been such a ruckus over her elimination. If she were not generally well liked elsewhere, there would have been little fuss and no big shock.
    ITA. All of my friends, co-workers, neighbors, and family (none of whom ever go to any message boards) all were shocked and mad that Pia was let go as they expected her to win it all. She is the total package, like Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood.

Obviously, the majority of AI fans felt the same way:
    "American Idol" Fans -- Get Rid of Stefano Langone, Bring Back Pia Toscano! | TMZ.com

Hmmmm, I'm not a huge fan of Kelly or Carrie, but Pia doesn't have an ounce of the charisma that these two have. Pia is a scale singer---she beautifully sings the notes up and down the scales, but that's about it.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I really really HATE that Stephano is the bad guy in this....like he had anything to do with fewer people voting for Pia than for him. To make him feel bad is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I really really HATE that Stephano is the bad guy in this....like he had anything to do with fewer people voting for Pia than for him. To make him feel bad is just wrong.
    Yeah, the judges were especially rude about his "win" over Pia. I'm not a fan of either Pia or Stephano, but I'd take Stephano over Pia anyday, and I guess a lot of other voters felt the same way.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Yea..okay...I am in the demographics that you term "cougars". May I note I find that term demeaning. I have sons younger than these guys & I would never want to date someone that age.

I watched AI from Season 1 however I don't vote so to say middle aged women won't vote for Pia because they are insecure about their looks...excuse me??? Pia is an attractive young lady with a good voice. What she isn't is "pop star". She came across, at least to me, as plastic & robotic. The times I did see her performance all I saw was 'pagent'; an older version of Toddlers & Tiaras.

This show has just jumped the shark tank as far as I'm concerned. This show was Simon Cowell. Without him it is just another local talent show played on national tv.
    Well written post - on all counts. Thanks. Pia was pretty and a good singer, but she didn't have the charisma to wow an audience. Obviously - since she couldn't stir up the audience enough to vote for her. There was nothing compelling in her performance. I was passively enjoying it, or at least, I wasn't annoyed enough to get up and walk away. That, to me, doesn't make a star.

On the other hand, I would wait every week to see what Adam Lambert, David Cook, Siobhan or Crystal would sing. I went through withdrawal after those seasons when the show ended.

FORT Fanatic

Stephano was obviously shaken after the announcement. He seemed so gracious and my compliments to him for being a gentleman throughout
    the final moments of the show.

I thought so too. And wasn't Pia standing with Paul when she was in the bottom 3? Whoever Paul was standing with, I think he was a gentleman, too. He didn't go off running happily to the couches. He stood there with her while the news sunk in for both of them.

I don't know that it was that rude to Stefano....the judges are just trying to let that person know they're feeling their pain. Stefano was a real gentleman. It's Haley's expression back at the couches that I didn't care for. I certainly don't know what she was thinking, but her expression was anything but sad. Maybe they just didn't get along?

ETA: I just went and listened to the initial auditions for Adam, David C, and Carrie on youtube, and all three had more charisma during their auditions than Pia had while singing her ballads. And then I went to watch DC sing Billie Jean and while that was an extremely powerful performance, he wasn't running around all over the stage. He basically stood in the center, moved a little, took the mic on and off the stand a couple of times and that's it. BUT, he connected with the song, the story, and the audience. That's the difference, I think.
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 04-11-2011 at 04:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread