+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    My point is timing. Of course Pia can produce a record at some point. But I don't think it will preempt or be sold before the winner's. I'm suspicious of the alleged immediacy of her recording. The producers still want the focus to be on the current show and its remaining contestants.
    They're just trying to cash in on her popularity while she is still "hot". I think when it comes down to the final 3 (maybe even 4?) you are correct insofar as the winner's record has to drop before the others.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Regular

I just hope she'll be able to sing after her medical emergency.

FORT Fogey

I heard it was just a single and the reason for the rush is that they want it out while "Idol" is still running.
    I hope Pia stays far away from Marc Ballas from now on.

Does Idol's Pia Toscano Already Have a Record Deal?

Has "something better" already arrived for Pia Toscano?

Just days after her shocking elimination from American Idol (and Jennifer Lopez's consoling comment about better things to come), reports are circulating that Toscano has signed a record deal with Interscope Records.

Is it true? We've got the scoop on the situation...

Toscano's rep tells us that chatter about a done deal is "all rumor," but E! News has learned that while a record contract hasn't been signed just yet, Interscope does want to produce a single with Toscano and release it while American Idol is still on.

19 Management has yet to approve this, however.

Once 19 Management figures out their marketing plan for Toscano, though, Interscope Records exec Jimmy Iovine wants to get her in the studio to record a single asap, according to an Idol insider.

Toscano would likely work with a few producers to find the right song for her, including Idol producers Rodney Jerkins and Rock Mafia (Tim James + Antonina Armato). Rock Mafia, who have worked with contestants James, Stefano, Lauren and Haley, produced Pia's memorable performance earlier this season of Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down."

"Pia wants a song that captures that kind of magic," our source said.

—Additional reporting by Claudia Cagan
    Does Idol's Pia Toscano Already Have a Record Deal? - E! Online
    Last edited by Love_Me; 04-10-2011 at 03:09 AM.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I think this is a good move, if it's true, to cash in on her recent surge of attention sooner than later. As sad as it is to say, a 9th placer will become irrelevant once the season is over. But right now, she's all over the news. People are still upset over her early elimination. If she pulls off a legitimate pop single, and it becomes a success, then she might just make it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I remember past Idol seasons when the winner had first right of releasing a song before anyone else could. I guess new management can make their own rules, but I'd be a little put out if I won and someone eliminated early in the process was already stealing my thunder. It just seems gauche to me. But then, I'm not a Pia fan, so it may just be sour grapes.
    Count your blessings!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Pia was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday night. Jay spoke with her for a minute or two, and then she sang along with Ricky Minor's band during the commercial breaks, which meant you'd see/hear her sing for about 15 seconds as they left, and another 15 seconds as they returned. I think every song was one she did during the AI competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I remember past Idol seasons when the winner had first right of releasing a song before anyone else could. I guess new management can make their own rules, but I'd be a little put out if I won and someone eliminated early in the process was already stealing my thunder. It just seems gauche to me. But then, I'm not a Pia fan, so it may just be sour grapes.
    The problem is, how often is the winner the most successful contestant from the season? About half the time? Could be they've changed their opinions on giving the winner that right. They may see a lot of potential in Pia, and if they can get something out there when she's fresher in everyone's minds, her chances for success are better.

Side note, Gutmutter - my kids are going to love your avatar when they see it!

The most important thing to Simon fuller, who controls everything, is the AI show itself. Releasing a record for a "loser" before the winner has even been chosen would mess with the suspense of the show. This has never happened in idol history, even for much more popular "losers" than Pia, because they want to reserve the initial record contract fanfare for the winner. If Pia put out a record now, what would be the point of choosing a winner, whose main prize is a record contract? Yes, others get contracts, but after the winner is chosen. Pia will not be putting out a record now, not even a single.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

When I left the board last night, her album was signed and sealed as someone posted from a magazine website. Now, the story has changed to a maybe one record?? Amazing how some media jump on the story and actually exaggerate their "knowledge" of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Pia was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday night. Jay spoke with her for a minute or two, and then she sang along with Ricky Minor's band during the commercial breaks, which meant you'd see/hear her sing for about 15 seconds as they left, and another 15 seconds as they returned. I think every song was one she did during the AI competition.

The problem is, how often is the winner the most successful contestant from the season? About half the time? Could be they've changed their opinions on giving the winner that right. They may see a lot of potential in Pia, and if they can get something out there when she's fresher in everyone's minds, her chances for success are better.

Side note, Gutmutter - my kids are going to love your avatar when they see it!
    Imagine you're at a birthday party and you're playing games for prizes. Now suppose a child gets out, but the mother hosting the party says, "You're the prettiest child here, and you played that game really well, so I'm going to give you the prize. Oh, and the rest of you... whoever ends up winning can have a prize, too." How do you think the rest of the guests are going to feel, even the child who wins the game?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread