+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It is being reported from multiple sources that Pia has already signed with Interscope & she is already in the studio getting the album ready....
    No comment

FORT Fan

Ummm, ewwww...

Pia Toscano & Mark Ballas Hook Up | TMZ.com

I guess his "over-the-top" facial expressions can make up for her lack of them.

FORT Fogey

I'd like to see some kind of official comment about her signing.....gossip on boards is interesting but not always true. It just seems hard to beleive that she would get a deal, and be in the studio less than 48 hours after leaving IDOL. I also am not sure what control IDOL has over her until, at least, the end of the show

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I'd like to see some kind of official comment about her signing.....gossip on boards is interesting but not always true. It just seems hard to beleive that she would get a deal, and be in the studio less than 48 hours after leaving IDOL. I also am not sure what control IDOL has over her until, at least, the end of the show

Exclusive: American Idol's Pia Toscano Scores a Record Deal!

Well that was fast!

Less than 24 hours after her shocking early American Idol exit, season 10 finalist Pia Toscano has scored a record deal, UsMagazine.com has exclusively confirmed.

The 22-year-old New Yorker -- booted from the Fox series Thursday -- will record her debut album under the Interscope Records imprint, which is chaired by Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine.

"Pia is being signed to a deal with Interscope Records who are rushing her into the studio to record an album ASAP," a source familiar with the contract talks tells Us. "Starting [Thursday] night after the show, Interscope told her they wanted her and first thing [Friday] morning Interscope brass started calling every top songwriter and producer in town to get an album together and rush release it."

As for the contract, the insider says, "Papers are being finalized. It's basically a done deal. She's signing. They rushed everything but she's so excited."

Though Idol fans are still coming to terms with her dismissal, Toscano -- who will hit the road this summer for the Idols LIVE! concert tour -- is taking her bad news in stride.

"You don't know for sure why things happen, but you know, it did!" she told reporters during a Friday conference call. "It was my time to go on the show and I'm excited to see what my future holds."
    American Idol's Pia Toscano Scores a Record Deal! - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Well, if she signed with Jimmy Iovine's company, I'm assuming it's legit. He may have had written into his contract that if he appeared on the show as a mentor, he would get first dibs on signing any eliminated contestants.

FORT Fogey

That is what I thought as soon as I saw his name in the story.

This pia contract story sounds odd. Normally the top ten finalists are legally bound to AI producers until after the tour. It's hard to believe the AI honchos would permit a losing contestant to preempt the winner with a record, even if the producer is jimmy Iovine.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Pillbeam, I don't see it as "the AI honchos (permitting) a losing contestant to preempt the winner with a record". Nearly a year ago (last summer) AI creator Simon Fuller signed up with Universal as the new label for AI artists in the US version of the show. Interscope is an American label owned by Universal. This actually falls in line quite nicely and isn't a surprise that Pia is signing / has signed with Interscope.

(source: American Idol Dumps Sony Label For Universal)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Pillbeam, I don't see it as "the AI honchos (permitting) a losing contestant to preempt the winner with a record". Nearly a year ago (last summer) AI creator Simon Fuller signed up with Universal as the new label for AI artists in the US version of the show. Interscope is an American label owned by Universal. This actually falls in line quite nicely and isn't a surprise that Pia is signing / has signed with Interscope.

(source: American Idol Dumps Sony Label For Universal)
    My point is timing. Of course Pia can produce a record at some point. But I don't think it will preempt or be sold before the winner's. I'm suspicious of the alleged immediacy of her recording. The producers still want the focus to be on the current show and its remaining contestants.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Odds that more than half the songs on her album will be covers? Album will be self-titled? Album will have 10-12 tracks?

Taking all bets!
    Last edited by Magnum; 04-09-2011 at 11:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread