Thread: James Durbin Season 10

James Durbin Season 10

James Durbin Season 10

Hometown: Santa Cruz, CA
    Currently Resides: Santa Cruz, CA

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: James Durbin Season 10

In a word . . . . hinky.

There is something about this guy that just doesn't fly with me. It won't surprise me at all to hear him sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" because he's got a "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" feel about him.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I adore him. He is my favorite among all the constestants from all cities - with the possible exception of Caleb Hawley.

However, I would like to hear him sing a non-shouting song...I'd hate for him to turn into Siobhan Magnus from last season.

He is definitely polarizing. I can't stand him because of the misplaced screeching. When he just sang in the beginning of his last solo song? I saw a glimmer of talent in there. He is being misled by the judges into thinking that screeching is the only way he can go (they are doing the same with Jacob) and this will wind up being his downfall. Sometimes it is a good thing to completely ignore the judges.

There are some interesting articles out there about this kid. He will go far because Autism Speaks is backing him as their poster child and encouraging people to vote without even watching the show. On the flip side, there are tons of groups out there who feel he is faking it since he is doing things that Aspies don't regularly do and because he is completely mispronouncing the term.

Me? I'm not one to pass judgment and that does not factor into me not liking him other than I am not happy that he is what people are seeing and thinking that everybody with Asperger's must act like him (my son has Asperger's so it's a sensitive topic so I will leave it at that).

I just want him to sing! SING DANGIT! Without screeching, I want to find out if he can actually sing because Lordy knows he cannot hit the high notes.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

he irritates me. didn't like him from the first audition. He screams every single time & as someone else said, it's not even in the right places. even if it was, he does it too much. It's already old & we haven't even gotten to the top 12.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Regular

The audition back piece built a sympathetic story for this contestant. His complaining over the parents of the minors on group night was petty. While I was and is a big fan of Adam Lambert, James Durbin just doesn't quite have it. Strong voice (better than Siobahn) but lacks the feel on the more tender vocal passages.

just my $0.02.

He is by far my least favorite contestant in the Top 24. I can't stand his horrid screeching, I have no idea why he thinks he needs to throw it in to every song. Ugh! And I just know he's going to be a round for a while.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

When he doesn't do all the wailing, I think he's got a good strong voice. I like that he does his own thing... and he's good at it. I hope he makes it at least a few more weeks so we can get a sense of what his voice sounds like when he just sings a song without all the wailing. I tend to think there's something really there but I'm not sure if he's confident enough to let us listen to it. Right now he's like a one-trick-pony and unless he displays more raw singing talent I don't think he'll stick around too long. I want to hear him just sing... sing... sing.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he had Tourette's not Aspergers. Tourette's is not on the autism scale as Aspergers is. Tourette's is more a matter of tics (I'm sure you've noticed his eyes) and less often, vocal eruptions.
    I was surprised I liked him on Tuesday, because I hadn't liked him up to that point. He is no Adam Lambert, but he was stronger than I had him pegged. I didn't like the off-key screaming, either.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I think both issues have been mentioned in regard to him

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast