+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Amazing performance, and the studio version is incredible. I have to hand it to James - he should definitely be in the Final 2.

And what was with those two yo-hos yesterday??? Jimmy and the other one? It was like watching 2 bulls in a china shop. The way I understood it, James didn't follow their advice (which I would give him credit for).
    I thought they were idiots, but I think he might have followed it a bit by ending on the scream, which was not needed for the song. Singing a quiet ballad when everyone else is rocking out - if you do it well (and he did) - will get you noticed all the more. Isn't it said that if you want someone's attention, you should whisper. I like James and he grows on me more each week, I think he's very astute as to what suits him and what he should be doing, but I just wish he would not bring the scream out for every song.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Is the longer studio recording the same one as the Apple i-tunes version? If so then I agree it sounds much better then the Live performance he gave last night. IMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Thanks for posting the link to the studio recorded version. I loved both the recorded and the live version. James really performs his songs, you can really feel the emotion behind the lyrics.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

James reminds me so much of my nephew. He has been through so much and I give him a ton of credit for where he is now. The only thing I would request from him is that he stops that screeching.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    At first I think my expectations were too high, but after listening a few times, I decided I'm not that crazy about the very beginning, but I LOVE the rest. It gives me chills.

I spent some more time checking out other older videos of James performing. There are a couple of other While My Guitar Gently Weeps, which are similar but slower and more bluesy/jazzy. There's another of him with a group they call GuitArmy, which is a cool gathering of a lot of guitarists, and James sings Led Zepplin's Khashmir. It's really good! What really impressed me was him in a karaoke bar singing Rainbow in the Dark. Wow. Sound quality isn't that great, but he sounds fantastic.

I wish he'd do something else with his hair, though. In one of the videos, his hair looked really good.

So for this week, what movie song will he sing? Live and Let Die? Would he do another McCartney song? It wouldn't break my heart, because that's one of my favorite songs of all time.

I haven't heard the studio version but thought the live one highlighted weaknesses in his voice. I really hated the ending. He's got a decent voice and I tend to prefer rockers but I'm not a fan of his. Maybe it's partly his personality and partly the producers pushing him on us.

When they went to TMZ I thought one of the guys who said that he acted like a teen when he saw Hulk Hogan - I thought it was so utterly charming - his reaction to his idol - I hope he doesn't take it to heart. It was one of my favorite moments in the show.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I heard a song today I would love James to sing "I Want to Know What Love is" by Foreigner.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    When they went to TMZ I thought one of the guys who said that he acted like a teen when he saw Hulk Hogan - I thought it was so utterly charming - his reaction to his idol - I hope he doesn't take it to heart. It was one of my favorite moments in the show.
    I felt the exact same way! That was actually the moment I started loving him and he became one of my faves. It was so sweet to see his reaction to Hulk Hogan coming out, I loved seeing that side of his personality.

I loved that they saved James for last. His performance was fantastic! I think America could use a good dose of heavy metal! Rock on, James!

+ Reply to Thread