+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: James Durbin Season 10

I always enjoy his performances!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I always enjoy his performances!
    I do too! The boy can sing, no question about that.

He was the best of the bunch singing Paul McCartney's 'Band On The Run' last night.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Maybe he can join Adam or open for a popular hard rock band touring after he is done with his Idol obligations. I agree with you that this type of music is fading, but I am sad when these contestants are not even given the chance to spread their wings after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I do too! The boy can sing, no question about that.

His genre is fading out of demand, so if I were his coach or mentor, my question to him would be, "Are you first and foremost a singer and performer, or are you a hard rocker? You have a good voice. Find another venue with a good market. Sing and perform for that audience."
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    His genre is fading out of demand, so if I were his coach or mentor, my question to him would be, "Are you first and foremost a singer and performer, or are you a hard rocker? You have a good voice. Find another venue with a good market. Sing and perform for that audience."

He has one thing some of the other contestants have yet to find. Confidence. Confidence in who is as a performer and stage presence.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Since there is so much comparision on here James vs. Adam Lambert, I would like to say that I think two major differences jump out at me. (1) Everything Adam did was calculated, staged, and professional whereas I think James is just out there having the time of his life. I can't imagine Adam drawing a blank when asked at one point in the song he intended to enter the stage. He would have known to the note where the was going to be and what he was going to be doing. (2) for me - James sounds better. I liked Adam, I enjoyed his performances, but never really cared for his singing. James has grown on me over the weeks since he's toned down the screaming (but even his screaming sounds better to me than Adam's), and I really like his personality. Does that mean I hope he will win? Well - I'd prefer Scotty, but it might be kind of fun to see James' reaction to being the winner, and I wouldn't be at all upset (as I would for some of the others winning).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I agree with both posts above. I love James' confidence and how his love of his craft shows every time he goes on stage. He is truly making the most of his experience on Idol and he's enjoying every moment. Love_Me nailed it on the head... James is performing. The others sing, and some are singing well. But none are singing well and performing the way James is. Of all the contestants, James would be the one I'd choose to see in concert. It would be a blast!

FORT Fogey

He has one thing some of the other contestants have yet to find. Confidence. Confidence in who is as a performer and stage presence.
    He is adorable and genuine. I love his ability to perform and command the stage. He will be a success if he wins or not.

Yes. He does have confidence, and is very comfortable on stage.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    He was the best of the bunch singing Paul McCartney's 'Band On The Run' last night.
    I agree 110%! I've rewatched that a few times, and really wish James had more of a solo spot than that. He sounded great!

He also gets bonus points from me for being a McCartney fan. The boy has good taste! I'm curious if he'll do another McCartney song this week for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame theme.

+ Reply to Thread