+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: James Durbin Season 10

[EDIT]

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick
    But see that is the beauty of liking whom we like, and enjoying the music that we do. James was never, ever monotonous, or inappropriate in his singing style to me, or to the thousands of people who continued to vote for him, and kept him from ever being in the bottom three until the night he was eliminated. He also sang plenty without "screaming" and showed us all what a beautiful voice he has. Getting to fourth place in American Idol does not equate to a singer being a bad thing. Considering he was 4th out of thousands that tried out, James is a pretty good thing.

I agree wholeheartedly. I grew up listening to a lot of metal and I still am partial to hard rock stations. Mind you, I love a varied range of music, as long as the performers are the best in their genre. I've never bought a cd of a past performer, but I'll BUY James. I also hope he hopes and perserveres his way to the top.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-28-2011 at 11:34 AM.

FORT Fogey

I grew to like James more as the season progressed. However, what I noticed at the start of the show and only diminished a little as he stayed longer at the show was that James is like a little kid who wants to "dress up" as the stereotypical rocker. Thank heaven he got rid of the Brett Michaels head band and the rooster hair, but almost everything he wore and did was reminiscent of previous rockers. I do agree there is NO comparison with Adam becasue Adam was very much is own person and originated masny of his looks.....James just is repeating what he has seen done before.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I grew to like James more as the season progressed. However, what I noticed at the start of the show and only diminished a little as he stayed longer at the show was that James is like a little kid who wants to "dress up" as the stereotypical rocker. Thank heaven he got rid of the Brett Michaels head band and the rooster hair, but almost everything he wore and did was reminiscent of previous rockers. I do agree there is NO comparison with Adam becasue Adam was very much is own person and originated masny of his looks.....James just is repeating what he has seen done before.
    Yes, originality was never James's strong suit.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Is anyone going to see the AI tour? I would love to see James perform live, especially if he sings Uprising again. That was fantastic!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    How boring would the finale have been without James and Casey?
    I know! That's what I thought too. The rest were pretty bland.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Fans of James can listen to his upcoming CD until 6PM PT Monday.
    James Durbin Listening Party - American Idol

I just started listening - sounds pretty good so far! The first song really rocks.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm listening...it is not what I expected. "May" is my favourite.

Did anyone see his interview with Dr. Drew? James was having major tics throughout the interview. I thought it was unusual, because we didn't see that much on AI. My first thought was--who was exploiting him? Was he nervous doing an interview by himself? On Idol we didn't see him have many issues with his tics, but on Dr Drew, it was very prominent. Almost like that was all he was about. Yet, Dr Drew was talking about bullying and what kids go through. It pissed me off. How did he manage to get through all those weeks of competition, and all of a sudden he cannot control his tics? AI is much harder to deal with, unlike Dr. Drew. Hmmm so those talk shows are also "scripted?"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

James got married to his longtime gf, Heidi, on New Year's Eve. If you want to see some video excerpts, People.com has it. Heidi dressed pretty traditionally, and James almost did, except he wore a bandana tied around his head. I think I would have strongly suggested he didn't.

James Durbin's Rock 'N Roll Wedding Video : People.com

Oh, I hate that bandanna. It sticks out like a sore thumb next to Heidi's (very nice) dress.

Ah, well - congrats to them.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    James got married to his longtime gf, Heidi, on New Year's Eve. If you want to see some video excerpts, People.com has it. Heidi dressed pretty traditionally, and James almost did, except he wore a bandana tied around his head. I think I would have strongly suggested he didn't.

James Durbin's Rock 'N Roll Wedding Video : People.com
    Love him!!! he is doing well, he didnt need AI.

+ Reply to Thread