+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    It is a bad thing when the screaming becomes monotonous, as with James, or done at an inappropriate times. I am a huge Steven Tyler fan, who is the greatest "screamer" of all time. He manages to use his screams to enhance the musicality of his songs, sometimes in complex ways. James has no sense of how to modulate the screaming. Haley was screaming a lot earlier in the season, then modulated it nicely by the last three weeks. There were several songs in which Adam screamed brilliantly, and other times when he sounded monotonous with it.
    --
    --
    But see that is the beauty of liking whom we like, and enjoying the music that we do. James was never, ever monotonous, or inappropriate in his singing style to me, or to the thousands of people who continued to vote for him, and kept him from ever being in the bottom three until the night he was eliminated. He also sang plenty without "screaming" and showed us all what a beautiful voice he has. Getting to fourth place in American Idol does not equate to a singer being a bad thing. Considering he was 4th out of thousands that tried out, James is a pretty good thing.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    But see that is the beauty of liking whom we like, and enjoying the music that we do. James was never, ever monotonous, or inappropriate in his singing style to me, or to the thousands of people who continued to vote for him, and kept him from ever being in the bottom three until the night he was eliminated. He also sang plenty without "screaming" and showed us all what a beautiful voice he has. Getting to fourth place in American Idol does not equate to a singer being a bad thing. Considering he was 4th out of thousands that tried out, James is a pretty good thing.
    I agree that James was never monotonous. As far as entertainment value, I think he was the best. I don't know if I would buy a CD because I'm not a fan of metal, but I am a fan of James.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Oh, there are many contestants who have risen high in American Idol doing "bad" things. Sanjaya and Lee DeWyze come to mind. This year, Pia, Casey, Haley, Thia and, my favorite, Jacob, have all done "bad" things onstage. James has been really, really bad. American Idol is the haven where amateurs do bad things. That's what makes it so good.
    --
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-23-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Oh, there are many contestants who have risen high in American Idol doing "bad" things. Sanjaya and Lee DeWyze come to mind. This year, Pia, Casey, Haley, Thia and, my favorite, Jacob, have all done "bad" things onstage. James has been really, really bad. American Idol is the haven where amateurs do bad things. That's what makes it so good.
    --
    ---
    [edit]

American Idol is all about giving relatively unknown singers a chance at a break in to show business, and giving each viewer a chance to enjoy their Idol during the show, getting to vote, and hopefully seeing the contestant that they love win. THAT'S what makes it so good.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-23-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

[edit]

American Idol is all about each American enjoying their Idol during the show. THAT'S what makes it so good.

In my opinion he is entertaining and fun. He also has a wonderful voice that I hope he learns to use to the best of his ability
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-23-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

[edit]

American Idol is all about giving relatively unknown singers a chance at a break in to show business, and giving each viewer a chance to enjoy their Idol during the show, getting to vote, and hopefully seeing the contestant that they love win. THAT'S what makes it so good.
    Totally agree.

I loved James. He and Casey were my two favorites because they were the most entertaining. I didn't like every performance of James', but I looked forward to seeing what he would do. I miss him greatly and hope he has all the success he deserves.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I just read James will be doing his "duet" with Judas Priest tonight.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    I just read James will be doing his "duet" with Judas Priest tonight.
    Perhaps Breaking the Law? This should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Perhaps Breaking the Law? This should be good!
    I think no matter what they sing, James is gonna be a hoot to watch! He has to be so enamored to perform with his Idols... his smile will be priceless
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    I think no matter what they sing, James is gonna be a hoot to watch! He has to be so enamored to perform with his Idols... his smile will be priceless
    He will be fun! I have to work, but hope to catch it on youtube.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread