+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I really enjoyed his performance. Had James ever sang with Haley? Hmmm. That could actually be fun to listen to.

I would enjoy a duet featuring James and Haley also.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post

And Adam did his share of screaming that didn't always work out either.
    Add me to that camp. I was not a fan of Adam's. He also screamed in almost every song he did. I admit, he's very talented, but not my cup of tea. Although, I do like his song For Your Entertainment, but I wouldn't buy the album. Now James....I'll buy his the day it releases.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Add me to that camp. I was not a fan of Adam's. He also screamed in almost every song he did. I admit, he's very talented, but not my cup of tea. Although, I do like his song For Your Entertainment, but I wouldn't buy the album. Now James....I'll buy his the day it releases.
    Me too. I'm looking forward to it =D Add to my collection of all the Itunes ones I have from his performances on AI.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Maybe I enjoy singers that are considered screamers. I like James, Haley, and Adam. Is that such a bad thing?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Maybe I enjoy singers that are considered screamers. I like James, Haley, and Adam. Is that such a bad thing?
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I never could get into Adam, but not only do I like James and Haley, I loved Syesha in season 7. And there was so much complaining on here about her screaming. I see it as passion.

It's not an unlovable trait. Janis Joplin was a screamer. I don't care for her music, except Piece of My Heart and maybe Bobby McGee, but you can't say she wasn't successful in her short career.

Oh, I like Mercedes Benz too!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I never could get into Adam, but not only do I like James and Haley, I loved Syesha in season 7. And there was so much complaining on here about her screaming. I see it as passion.

It's not an unlovable trait. Janis Joplin was a screamer. I don't care for her music, except Piece of My Heart and maybe Bobby McGee, but you can't say she wasn't successful in her short career.

Oh, I like Mercedes Benz too!
    sound like you like her quite a bit! lol!

Nothing wrong with liking a "screamer".... you like who you like.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It is a bad thing when the screaming becomes monotonous, as with James, or done at an inappropriate times. I am a huge Steven Tyler fan, who is the greatest "screamer" of all time. He manages to use his screams to enhance the musicality of his songs, sometimes in complex ways. James has no sense of how to modulate the screaming. Haley was screaming a lot earlier in the season, then modulated it nicely by the last three weeks. There were several songs in which Adam screamed brilliantly, and other times when he sounded monotonous with it.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    It is a bad thing when the screaming becomes monotonous, as with James, or done at an inappropriate times. I am a huge Steven Tyler fan, who is the greatest "screamer" of all time. He manages to use his screams to enhance the musicality of his songs, sometimes in complex ways. James has no sense of how to modulate the screaming. Haley was screaming a lot earlier in the season, then modulated it nicely by the last three weeks. There were several songs in which Adam screamed brilliantly, and other times when he sounded monotonous with it.
    --
    --
    Was Stephen Tyler born singing like that or did he learn it? He sure seemed to enjoy the hell out of James, so I'd say he sees potential there. James can learn to control and work those higher notes.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Was Stephen Tyler born singing like that or did he learn it? He sure seemed to enjoy the hell out of James, so I'd say he sees potential there. James can learn to control and work those higher notes.
    Steven didn't learn it, he invented that particular type of screaming. He can scream over several octaves and modulate to convey lust, happiness, deep sadness or anger. He is brilliant.

Yes, Steven did seem to "enjoy the hell of James". But he also supposedly adored everybody in the Top 13, including Haley, and Casey, and Jacob, and Pia, and Scotty and Lauren, and etc. etc.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I don't mind screaming, but I hate screeching. Screeching is what Haley sounded like to me. Also certain tones that Pia and Jacob would get during most songs. A perfect example of what I consider screeching is Aretha Franklin, and an awful lot of people consider her the greatest female singer ever - so its just all taste. I never heard James as screeching - but I also don't think he needed to scream in every song. Just as I thought Adam didn't need to scream in every song.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread