+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I think it would be way cool if Paul McCartney showed up! It's probably much too big of a dream... but who knows. Steven Tyler paid tribute to Sir Paul at the Kennedy Center Honors late last year.
    Rob Halford! Or Sammy Hagar! Or if I really were dreaming... Robert Plant!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh goodie. James can out-scream any of those guys, and probably will.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Lot's of good choices there. It sure will be interesting to find out, but regardless it's going to be one awesome, fun and entertaining rock performance!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I just watched this performance on youtube. It was fantastic! I still see this guy doing well, and I wish him the best.
    I just watched James performance on Ellen too. He was terrific. I was pulling for a James vs Scotty finale. However, I would have had a really difficult time picking one over the other.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I just watched James performance on Ellen too. He was terrific. I was pulling for a James vs Scotty finale. However, I would have had a really difficult time picking one over the other.
    I was too. I'm happy with Scotty / Lauren, but it would have been cool for it to have been Scotty / James.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I just watched it too... fantastic! Then I went back on youtube and listened to some of his other performances. I know people have criticized the scream... there are times its off, but when its on I think of metal singers like Dio or Halford.... James can do the metal scream....

I just watched it too... fantastic! Then I went back on youtube and listened to some of his other performances. I know people have criticized the scream... there are times its off, but when its on I think of metal singers like Dio or Halford.... James can do the metal scream....
    James' scream was never as annoying to me as Adam's was, that's for sure. I'm not into metal and don't know if its authentic or not, but I still liked him better when he toned it down a bit. He has a really nice voice and doesn't need to scream all the time.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    James' scream was never as annoying to me as Adam's was, that's for sure. I'm not into metal and don't know if its authentic or not, but I still liked him better when he toned it down a bit. He has a really nice voice and doesn't need to scream all the time.
    I'm not a big metal person (count me a Morrissey fan), but have a husband who grew up listening to Ronnie James Dio and other HM singers/bands as well as several friends who like the music. I've watched enough VH1 Classic Metal Mania through the years to hear the shriek. And you are right, he doesn't need to do it every time. His voice is quite strong and lovely.

And Adam did his share of screaming that didn't always work out either.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

The reason I brought up Paul McCartney (other than personal preference) is because that's who James said was his idol. And he's done a few McCartney songs and a Harrison song.

But I wouldn't object to your suggestions!

I really enjoyed his performance. Had James ever sang with Haley? Hmmm. That could actually be fun to listen to.

+ Reply to Thread