+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    James isn't saying that he wants to copy anything. He wants to achieve a great status, like Zepplin did, not to be like Zepplin. James is unique, and has a very distinct personality.

Why shouldn't he want to be as famous as another band? Why dream for something mediocre? Doesn't make much sense to me. I would imagine that all musicians want to be famous for their music. Otherwise they wouldn't seek out agents and record deals, they'd be content playing in coffee houses for their entire lives. I imagine there are a few that are happy and complacent with that thought. Most people want to "make it big" however, and be successful, and it's even better when they can do it while doing something they love.
    And if he said nothing at all, people would say he doesn't care....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

What a great article from someone who's been following him for a few years. My favorite part was this...

Thanks for posting this. It explains a lot about who James is, and why he has become so popular.
    I got all teary-eyed reading what an inspiring and unselfish young man he is. He's so real, it tears your heartstrings. He asked no media follow him when he visisted the kids with Tourette's. He has inspired so many children. And he's one hell of a performer and singer. He really is the total package of goodness, kindness and talent. And what he has done is nothing short of a miracle, just like the article says. Rock on James Durbin!!!!!

Good for James! He seems like such an inspirational decent youg man with a heart of gold.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    I got all teary-eyed reading what an inspiring and unselfish young man he is. He's so real, it tears your heartstrings. He asked no media follow him when he visisted the kids with Tourette's. He has inspired so many children. And he's one hell of a performer and singer. He really is the total package of goodness, kindness and talent. And what he has done is nothing short of a miracle, just like the article says. Rock on James Durbin!!!!!
    I felt the same way reading it. He makes a wonderful role model.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I felt the same way reading it. He makes a wonderful role model.
    awwww....love your new siggy line. And James never gave up. He paid his dues, working little gigs for the last few years, and glad it all is paying off for him. He has so many fans already.

FORT Fogey

Wow..James was just on Ellen and did a slow version of My Guitar Gently Weeps with only a piano background. It was amazing. The audience gave him a standing ovation when he was done.

I can't wait to see whom James gets to sing with Finale night. I actually that it is not Steven Tyler, even though they talked about it earlier in the season. Wouldn't it be cool if Judas Priest showed up?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Wow..James was just on Ellen and did a slow version of My Guitar Gently Weeps with only a piano background. It was amazing. The audience gave him a standing ovation when he was done.
    I just watched this performance on youtube. It was fantastic! I still see this guy doing well, and I wish him the best.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I just watched this performance on youtube. It was fantastic! I still see this guy doing well, and I wish him the best.
    Same here.I still think she should have won AI.He's winner already

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I can't wait to see whom James gets to sing with Finale night. I actually that it is not Steven Tyler, even though they talked about it earlier in the season. Wouldn't it be cool if Judas Priest showed up?
    I think it would be way cool if Paul McCartney showed up! It's probably much too big of a dream... but who knows. Steven Tyler paid tribute to Sir Paul at the Kennedy Center Honors late last year.

+ Reply to Thread