+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 436
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

  1. #21
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    I love James! His voice is amazing. He proved last week that he can sing without "screaming". He makes it look so easy. He has great stage presence too. No way is he arrogant! Imagine what he has had to overcome having both Tourette's and Aspergers! My son is a fellow Aspie, and I've watched him overcome so much! It's not an easy life at all. He comes off as very confident and passionate about his singing. I hope he wins!

  2. #22
    FORT Fan carolb57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Adam is Adam and James is James and never the twain shall meet -- although they DID meet last week when Adam was a guest performer and the meeting was very cordial. James later tweeted to Adam:

    "<33 RT @JDurbinAI10: @ adamlambert It was a pleasure meeting you tonight man. Thanks for the kind words. He'll Yeah I Will :-)"

    Adam being the sweet guy that he is probably told James to not hesitate to call on him if he can help in any way!

  3. #23
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    he seems to be pretty arrogant
    I don't see him as arrogant. Those with Asperger's sometimes miss appropriate social clues like the time Ryan had to tell him to sit down. With or without his challenges, he has an amazing natural voice. For those comparing him to AL, remember that Lambert had years of theatre training. James is a diamond in the rough and I can't wait to see how much he progresses. I'm calling him as the winner!

  4. #24
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,579

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    I don't see arrogance in James at all. I see a young man who really wants this dream.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by tunatomato View Post
    I don't see him as arrogant. Those with Asperger's sometimes miss appropriate social clues like the time Ryan had to tell him to sit down. With or without his challenges, he has an amazing natural voice. For those comparing him to AL, remember that Lambert had years of theatre training. James is a diamond in the rough and I can't wait to see how much he progresses. I'm calling him as the winner!
    Aspie's also have a very hard time inflecting the correct tone with their words. My son often comes across as arrogant, when he is not being that way at all. We are working very hard on his tone's and inflections (he's not quite 12), and he's made great progress. Regardless, James is fantastic! Just like my kiddo

  6. #26
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Well my son also has Aspergers and he is much better mannered than James. He has a hard time reading peoples tone of voice and emotions but he would never behave the way this guy did. *shrugs* but every child with Asperger's is different.

    I do see James as arrogant and a jerk. I liked him better last week when he wasn't screaming. I am fast getting annoyed with this season, they all seem to be stuck on scream mode except for Scotty.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Well my son also has Aspergers and he is much better mannered than James. He has a hard time reading peoples tone of voice and emotions but he would never behave the way this guy did. *shrugs* but every child with Asperger's is different.

    I do see James as arrogant and a jerk. I liked him better last week when he wasn't screaming. I am fast getting annoyed with this season, they all seem to be stuck on scream mode except for Scotty.
    How has James been ill mannered? He thanks the judges, he's appreciative of his fans, he's devoted to his wife and child, and he's passionate about his craft, and loves what he is doing. All at the very tender age of 22!

    I can think of so many stories of men who don't have the integrity that James has in their little fingers, who are dead beat dads, or run out on their woman when they get pregnant, whom are much older than him. Not to mention everything that he has had to overcome. []
    []
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 03-18-2011 at 04:05 PM.

  8. #28
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,838

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I don't see arrogance in James at all. I see a young man who really wants this dream.

    So do I .I love this guy! he reminds me of Adam Lambert from last season. Love James!

  9. #29
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,838

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    Adam is Adam and James is James and never the twain shall meet -- although they DID meet last week when Adam was a guest performer and the meeting was very cordial. James later tweeted to Adam:

    "<33 RT @JDurbinAI10: @ adamlambert It was a pleasure meeting you tonight man. Thanks for the kind words. He'll Yeah I Will :-)"

    Adam being the sweet guy that he is probably told James to not hesitate to call on him if he can help in any way!
    They would totally rock as a duo! (((swoon))

  10. #30
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23

    Re: James Durbin Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    How has James been ill mannered? He thanks the judges, he's appreciative of his fans, he's devoted to his wife and child, and he's passionate about his craft, and loves what he is doing. All at the very tender age of 22!

    I can think of so many stories of men who don't have the integrity that James has in their little fingers, who are dead beat dads, or run out on their woman when they get pregnant, whom are much older than him. Not to mention everything that he has had to overcome. []

    []
    I agree with you 100% mesachick! I've been watching this guy from the beginning auditions and I believe he has amazing talent for someone, not only so young, but trying to support a family at such a young age! I also respect him and the fact that he and a few other contestants have gotten together and organized their own rock group. Since I like each one , individually already, wouldn't it be great to be able to hear them all together. I hope each one stays 'til the end!
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 03-18-2011 at 04:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.