+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I didn't like either one of his performances last night.
    I think that he showed that he can sing something else besides hard rock; however, I worry for James.
    He has a beautiful voice, and he a career in the industry ahead of him. I understand he has Asbergers (I have probably spelled this incorrectly).
    His condition appears to make it difficult for him to handle the emotional situations and stress of this process.
    What is going to happen when he gets out THERE? Who is going to help him?
    He is going to have to have help.
    I just don't think we are talking about your normal situation of a manager and agent. I think James is going to need special help coping with all that is going to come at him.
    I really, really hope American Idol chooses to stay behind him regardless of where he ends up in this process and sees that he gets the kind of personel that he individually needs - a service that they might ordinarily not involved themselves in with other finalists.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Bloomers, I hope they do too. He really does need special support system.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I didn't like either one of his performances last night.
    I'm with you RB. The judges can't stop giving him a tongue bath long enough to address his pitch issues, difficulty sustaining notes, or other problems related to his singing.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I love James, but I also wasn't crazy about either performance. The 2nd one was better, and I really did feel his heartache. I gave him a bit of a pass on some of the notes due to his emotional state.

I think James has a wonderful voice, but I think he may have the ability to act too. I hope he gets the opportunity to explore that.

What was all that insane bawling last night? I laughed through the whole thing. What a complete idiot!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    What was all that insane bawling last night? I laughed through the whole thing. What a complete idiot!
    Why would you laugh at someone's pain?

Honestly, this was about the only time since I've been watching Idol that I got a bit emotional during his singing of the song. Maybe its his Aspergers, but it was obvious that song touched him deeply and it showed.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Why would you laugh at someone's pain?

Honestly, this was about the only time since I've been watching Idol that I got a bit emotional during his singing of the song. Maybe its his Aspergers, but it was obvious that song touched him deeply and it showed.
    See, now I'm laughing again! This was Idol Sob Story 101 and has been seen on Idol since Season 1. The #1 master of this genre was the great Danny Gokey, purveyor of the best "poor me, sniff, sniff" scenes on this show ever. Nobody will ever out-bawl that dude but Durbin came close last night. The close-ups, the crocodile tears, the sad face... Precious!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I won't buy in for one minute that James was faking his painful emotion last night. For me, his emotions are one of the only ones I find truly believable. Whether he's happy or sad, his emotions may be way over the top but that's him, and there's no controlling them.. I get that about him and I love it. His vocals last night weren't in the top 3 but I'll give him a pass because I KNOW he can sing. We all have off days, yesterday was James'.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Crying or no crying, I couldn't finish listening to either of James's performances: Too boring. And tears detract from the drama of a performance, they do not add to it, in my opinion.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread