+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: James Durbin Season 10

I give him credit for gowing into being himself and not a stereotype of what he thinks a rocker should look like. When we met him early on, the headband( gone very quickly) and the lether belt tail ( gone not soon enough) were silly. The rooster hair is also gone so I for one am not distracted by the caricature of a rocker.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I think his ears are much less noticable with his current hairstyle.
    Really? They are definately prominant!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Really? They are definately prominant!
    Not saying they aren't obvious. Just saying it's not nearly as bad - or maybe I'm just getting used to them. When he had that rooster hair (thanks, ibot2much!), those ears just stood out a mile. But the current hairstyle is more flattering and draws some attention from his ears. I still do notice them, but I notice the rest of his face too.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I do not know from experience but I have heard many times (most recently I think it was a Heidi Montag interview) that having one's ears pinned back is one of the most excruciating plastic surgeries out there. They essentially have to remove the ears and sew them back on in a more aesthetically pleasing position.

I definitely notice James' ears but they don't distract me. Now, Haley? Her face is VERY distracting to me. Her eyes are just too close together. That's just not something that can be "fixed" and perhaps I'm the only one who even notices it... but I do... and it's distracting to me.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I like James a whole lot better when he doesn't scream, but his scream doesn't grate on me the way Adam Lambert and Siobhan's screams did (and I liked both of them as well).
    Siobhan, Adam, and James have all been some of my favorite contestants on this show. Their screams while signing never have bothered me.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I do not know from experience but I have heard many times (most recently I think it was a Heidi Montag interview) that having one's ears pinned back is one of the most excruciating plastic surgeries out there. They essentially have to remove the ears and sew them back on in a more aesthetically pleasing position.
    They do not remove your ears. They make an incision on the back side of the ear and remove some of the cartiledge to bring the ear in closer to your head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    They do not remove your ears. They make an incision on the back side of the ear and remove some of the cartiledge to bring the ear in closer to your head.
    That's nice to know, Shoepie. Maybe you have some experience? As I said, I was not speaking from experience, just recounting what I have read/heard... more than once... and most recently in a Heidi Montag interview.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'm very proud of James for going so far this year. Last night reminded me how very difficult it must be to forge ahead with a little boy in the mix.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    That's nice to know, Shoepie. Maybe you have some experience? As I said, I was not speaking from experience, just recounting what I have read/heard... more than once... and most recently in a Heidi Montag interview.
    I think Heidi was being dramatic. I have not had this done but I know what is involved.

I didn't like either one of his performances last night.

+ Reply to Thread