+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Because of the Pia on DWTS thing that is going on now...we've been told that the Idol stage and the DWTS stage are in the same studio setup. James' tweet of awhile ago makes sense now as it showed him and Chris Jericho (the retired pro wrestler) currently competing on DWTS at a concert together. So, though the Hulk may be gone, James still has Chris - in between rehearsals and all.

Actually, now I think about it, I do remember Melissa Rycroft being amazed that she would see Randy Jackson in the hallway.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

James' studio version of Uprising is FANTASTIC. It is something that could easily be on the radio. Granted, it's a present-day song by Muse but day-yum, he does a fantastic job!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    James' studio version of Uprising is FANTASTIC. It is something that could easily be on the radio. Granted, it's a present-day song by Muse but day-yum, he does a fantastic job!
    I bet its pretty amazing. I've downloaded a bunch of Durbin's toons so far. The only reason I haven't done this one is because Muse's version is still out now.

I have to say, for an episode that was to showcase if the contestants can be current on the radio, James sang it out of the park! He was definitely the best of the night!

James blew me away with his Muse song. He is so confident on stage when he sings - he transforms. Did he come up with the drummers I wonder? It seemed Seacrest indicated that James does think of the set set/performance things.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

You currently can listen to James' version of Uprising on youtube. I say "currently" because the studio versions often get taken off youtube for obvious reasons. I did a search on "Durbin Uprising Studio" and found a number of videos (although they're more audio than video). I agree with Marlena M - it is FANTASTIC! I like James more and more every week - he has grown to become my favorite, hands down.

I'd love to know what he plans to do next week for Carly Simon. I have her Anthology CD. Just looking over those songs, nothing jumps out at me as having good potential. I listened to a little of each song, and of the better known songs, the only ones that might work, IMO, are You're So Vain or Nobody Does it Better. There is a song called Vengeance that is a little edgy - at least for a Carly Simon song. Another song is Touched by the Sun that could possibly work. But I'm only looking at 40 of her songs, so maybe there's something else better.

The theme next week is the songs of Carole King, not Carly Simon. Maybe he can do "Locomotion".
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    The theme next week is the songs of Carole King, not Carly Simon. Maybe he can do "Locomotion".
    OMG - thanks, MsFroggy!!! I don't know why, but I often mix those two up. Oh, well, I'm enjoying some Carly Simon in the meantime.

So now my vote for the song for James to sing is Some Kind of Wonderful.

eta: I just found out there are 2 different Some Kind of Wonderful songs, and the one that Grand Funk Railroad did in the 70s isn't the one written by Carole King. Rats.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 04-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.

WOW!! I just rewatched it on youtube. When he hits those high notes and sings through that one verse... gave me goosebumps!!

He's just crazy good.

FORT Fogey

Loved James from the minute he auditioned. I so respect him, it's not easy for him. His anxieties were all over the place this past week, as his facial tics were more pronounced..he knew it and kept looking down. My heart broke for him. Someone mentioned he transforms. Yes, he does, he goes from a big teddybear, with Aspergers and Tourette, and insecurities to a confident, powerful, in command guy once he starts singing. You can see he sings from his heart. For me, if James doesn't win AI, the show is a complete joke. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Loved James from the minute he auditioned. I so respect him, it's not easy for him. His anxieties were all over the place this past week, as his facial tics were more pronounced..he knew it and kept looking down. My heart broke for him. Someone mentioned he transforms. Yes, he does, he goes from a big teddybear, with Aspergers and Tourette, and insecurities to a confident, powerful, in command guy once he starts singing. You can see he sings from his heart. For me, if James doesn't win AI, the show is a complete joke. jmo
    Exactly what I meant but you but it into much better words! His Aspergers & Tourettes go away and you see this strong performer. What a role model - much like Ann Ward in ANTM who had the same thing.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread