+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashthon Jones Season 10

Ashthon Jones Season 10

Ashthon Jones Season 10

Hometown: Valdosta, GA
    Currently Resides: Nashville, TN

Re: Ashthon Jones Season 10

I thought she did great in Hollywood. I think there has been backlash against these sort of voices ever since season 7 and I don't see her connecting well with the audience. We'd probably be missing out on a lot if she doesn't make it through. I think she could add a little bit of musical diversity to the tour.Of course, I am assuming that all the judges' favorites make it through.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Obviously she was Randy's pick for the wildcard spot - just the kind of singer he likes. To me she was not musical. There was an odd lack of melody in her singing on both nights.

This girl is the exact same African American woman we have seen every year on this show. She wants to scream like Beyonce & Mary J Blige instead of sing like Dionne Warwick or Diana Ross. She'll power note through ever song as long as she's around & then she'll go back to obscurity. Another Lil Rounds in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch View Post
    Obviously she was Randy's pick for the wildcard spot - just the kind of singer he likes. To me she was not musical. There was an odd lack of melody in her singing on both nights.

I agree. She is painful to listen to. Just sounds like shouting. Maybe the mentors can help her.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Power singer tends to go farther in this type of show. A Diana ross or Dionne won't make it far, wont even survive hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    Power singer tends to go farther in this type of show. A Diana ross or Dionne won't make it far, wont even survive hollywood.
    What's interesting is that Dianna Ross is a power singer by ability but sings her lyrics in a more subtle manner than the shouting divas of AI. Ultimately, the shouters get voted off of AI-- including Jennifer Hudson. Hudson lost for good reason---the mindless shouting. I'm sure her latter success has been due to coaching on how to sing lyrics with some subtlety.
    ----
    ----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Too much of a diva for me. I predicted from her first audition that she'd make it to the top 10 (now it's the top 13). I was pretty darn happy when she didn't sail in on America's vote and pretty darn disappointed that she made it as Randy's Wildcard pick (we all know that).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about this girl. A lot of people like her and a lot of Robbie's fans are convinced that he should have made it over her. I think that is hilarious because I thought it was obvious that Robbie was the worst in the wild card round. I like that she is confident and determined and I think that she will need those attributes since she has been labled a "diva." I think she has a great personality to match those powerful vocals. But there is a stigma that goes along with that title. I don't like the word "diva" because I think a lot of people who use it mean it as a veiled racial insult (especially in American Idol circles). Some people mean it as a term for a celebrated female vocalist as well. But most people seem to mean it in a negative way these days.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about this girl. A lot of people like her and a lot of Robbie's fans are convinced that he should have made it over her. I think that is hilarious because I thought it was obvious that Robbie was the worst in the wild card round. I like that she is confident and determined and I think that she will need those attributes since she has been labled a "diva." I think she has a great personality to match those powerful vocals. But there is a stigma that goes along with that title. I don't like the word "diva" because I think a lot of people who use it mean it as a veiled racial insult (especially in American Idol circles). Some people mean it as a term for a celebrated female vocalist as well. But most people seem to mean it in a negative way these days.
    I certainly meant it in a negative way and not at all as a racial insult. Celine Dion is just as much a diva (IMO) as was Whitney Houston (back in the day).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast