+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashthon Jones Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Ashthon Jones Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I certainly meant it in a negative way and not at all as a racial insult. Celine Dion is just as much a diva (IMO) as was Whitney Houston (back in the day).
    I was not insinuating that you meant it that way. But many others do.

FORT Fan

I think what helped her make it into the final 13 was the fact that she sang FIRST on Thursday -- clearly the sound engineer was not adequately prepared to balance the volumes of the accompaniment and the singer. Even before she began to sing, it was difficult to hear the accompaniment -- I'm sure that she had trouble as well -- and I'll bet that some of her intonation issues could have been due to that. By the time the subsequent singers were called, the balance had been rectified.

I'll bet they felt that they had to offer her the benefit of the doubt...or be held responsible in some way for her demise.

FORT Fogey

She was on REGIS this morning. Looks to me that she is still buying into the diva/Diana Ross thing. She was dressed nicely, but huge earrings, bits of glue-on shiny stones running down form her eyes, huge rings.....just a bit over done for so early in the morning. She never smiled when she was introduced and then she INSTRUCTED the audience to listen to the words. Not a bit of softness or likeability to her during this appearance. I did not see her at the end of the song so maybe she was sweet then when the hosts talked to her....just commenting on what I saw

FORT Fogey

Ok where was this Asthon during the show???? She performed so wonderfully on the finale, I was trying figure out who she was! Hard to believe it was the same singer from the Top 13.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

She has lightened and straightened her hair. I had to identify her by process of elimination. She sang with Haley during the Beyonce medley.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I liked her a lot during the finale. Wish she stayed longer.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I liked her a lot during the finale. Wish she stayed longer.
    At the expense of whom?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    At the expense of whom?
    Casey, Haley, Thia, Karen, Paul, or Stefano.

This season did not have a great talent at the end. I was ticked off that the the girls went home in the beginning because I thought they had potential to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Casey, Haley, Thia, Karen, Paul, or Stefano.

This season did not have a great talent at the end. I was ticked off that the the girls went home in the beginning because I thought they had potential to grow.
    Boy do we differ in musical tastes. She could swap with Karen & still gain only 1 spot & still miss out on the tour. I thought she was the weakest by far & deserved to go when she did.ANd I wouldn't have had a problem at all with Casey, Haley & Paul being Top 4 with Pia.

FORT Fogey

I only heard her sing three times. I didn't get a chance to hear enough to count her out. And some of her performances were okay. I heard Paul, Casey, and Haley enough to know that they are horrible. That is my point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12