+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/24 The Green Mile Part II *Spoilers*

Re: 2/24 The Green Mile Part II *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMom View Post
    Are we certain about this? I thought she was saying there were people coming out that didn't make it that she thought would have.
    Yeah she said she was sure that they would have made it & they didn't.

Im pretty sure I heard Ryan say on Tuesday the guys are performing, Wed the girls and on thurs they are going to announce the top 12. I guess they are cutting them all in one week?

FORT Fogey

Nobody had an issue with Jessica and her FU AI....When I saw that, I was glad they kicked her to the curb....what a classless idiot.

FORT Fogey

DITTO ibot2much, I thought, I'll bet they won't invite her back that far again...can't risk it - that's an idiotic first audition cut move, not for one who's tried 7 times and gotten that far twice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What is with all of these little tutu dresses? I guess I have been living in a cave.
    We were thinking the same thing!!! Decided it must be a 15-16 year old thing.

FORT Regular

Top 24......hmm, what can I say? I am generally okay with the selection except I wished that Colton had made it instead of Dorsey. Dorsey is good but his attitude I don't care for. Lauren Alaina is starting to annoy me - the cutesy attitude and sucking up to the judges are starting to grate on my nerves. What's with the plunging neckline? Dress your age, girl. You can sing, you don't need the extra bells and whistle.

I can't wait to see my favorites - Thia Megia, now this is a true 15 year old who dresses and acts like one and who just brings it; Paul McDonald, Julie Zorilla, James Durbin and Casey Abrams who is an incredible musician and singer.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Considering she is so young and they pretty much annointed her the winner, its probably going to her head. Girl has talent, but seems a bit full of herself.

No, she said people she thought would make it, didn't. Just the opposite of full of herself.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

When I ran the show through my head this morning, I could recall just about all the guys and their unique qualities. When I tried to do the same with the girls, I just recalled ( mostly) little slender things with dark hair......yikes, they all blended in together

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    When I ran the show through my head this morning, I could recall just about all the guys and their unique qualities. When I tried to do the same with the girls, I just recalled ( mostly) little slender things with dark hair......yikes, they all blended in together
    They have quite a few guys who are serious musicians (CASEY!!) and a bunch of girls who can just sing loud...

How does everyone feel about singers being "musicians?" Basically, do you think folks should have knowledge of the industry and at least be able to play one instrument rather than just be screechers? I feel like true artists are the complete package--ones that understand, appreciate and represent their art. Sometimes I wonder if some of these kids can sing well (and hit high notes) but dont truly understand what they are doing...
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    This answers the questions why is very difficult for a female to win. There is always to me a bias towards the guys that is not based on reality.

Holly, Kendra & Julie have very unique qualities and even though Thia can be put in the big voice category, she has a unique quality to her voice and I can definitely distinguish Naima from Pia and Lauren Alaina from Karen Rodriguez.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread