+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/24 The Green Mile Part II *Spoilers*

Re: 2/24 The Green Mile Part II *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    OK - here they are

Thanks for the list TC.

I'm really annoyed that the country boy and the screamer have been let through. Their acts were cute in the beginning, but we all know that hearing that one dimensional country voice and/or the screaming rocker will get old REALLY quick--but they are the type of acts that keep hanging in there while the better talent goes home. Sooo annoyed!

FORT Fogey

I have to give the producers credit. They made sure that we got to see multiple performances of every semi-finalist. That's a big improvement over previous years when kids come on for their first live performance and I wonder "Why haven't I seen this person before?"

Of course some got a lot more time than others (Lauren Alaina) and some have "heart-breaking stories". It's hard to overcome that kind of PR advantage. But I think in Hollywood and Las Vegas some who had been in the background really impressed on pure talent (Paul, Kendra, Casey and Jacob, in particular for me). That should at least give them a fighting chance in the initial rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I wish there had been two spots. I wish Colton could have gone through. I forgot how good he was with his piano solos.
    Colton was one of those that really stood out for me during Hollywood week. He has a great voice, and a good musician. Plus, he has that "idol" look. Sad he didn't make it, and mediocre singers like Clint Jun Gamboa goes thru. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    I'm really annoyed that the country boy and the screamer have been let through. Their acts were cute in the beginning, but we all know that hearing that one dimensional country voice and/or the screaming rocker will get old REALLY quick--but they are the type of acts that keep hanging in there while the better talent goes home. Sooo annoyed!
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Colton was one of those that really stood out for me during Hollywood week. He has a great voice, and a good musician. Plus, he has that "idol" look. Sad he didn't make it, and mediocre singers like Clint Jun Gamboa goes thru. Sad.
    I agree, I was really hoping Colton would make it. Hopefully he'll come back (he's pretty young isn't he?). Overall I'm happy with the choices though.

I'm rooting for Casey big time! And I liked Paul too. I think the ladies better bring it or we could have another male winner.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    OK - here they are:

Girls
    • Naima Adedapo
    • Holly Reinhart
    • Ashthon Jones
    • Karen Rodriqugez
    Isn't that Hailey?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Somebody talked about Jaycee being too overweight for the music business. I'm so glad that was brought up, because I was thinking that, too. I'm sorry, I know that's horrible and shallow, etc. but it's just the blunt truth.
    Cee-Lo Green
    Biggie Smalls (RIP)
    Aretha Franklin
    Adele
    At one point, Jennifer Hudson
    Winona Judd
    Tricia Yearwood
    Etc....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Three shows next week. Did I hear Ryan correctly and read my DVR guide correctly when they state Thursday's results show would be for the final 10 - that is...from 24 to 10. OR is it for the boys only going from 12 to 10. Why is this show confusing me this year. I know there are changes but that deep a cut so soon would pull me out of my comfort zone big time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Cee-Lo Green
    Biggie Smalls (RIP)
    Aretha Franklin
    Adele
    At one point, Jennifer Hudson
    Winona Judd
    Tricia Yearwood
    Etc....
    Thanks, JavaJo. Great talent, drive and determination can overcome some of the shallow bias against overweight individuals. Here are some more folks to add to your list:

Susan Boyle
    Ruben Studdard
    Meatloaf
    Mama Cass Elliott
    Pavarotti
    Barry White
    Queen Latifah
    Adele
    Amber Riley
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make Ė it affects the people around you Ė it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread