+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    His name is Jimmy Iovine. He has been a producer for years & years & has worked with all the huge stars. Google him & check out his triumphs.
    Thanks. I gathered he was a big deal, his name did not stick in my mind. That contestant should take his advice over Randy, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Jlo crying was unintentionally hilarious!

Okay, now I feel like a horrible person.
    Don't feel horrible; pat yourself on the back for being perceptive. I'm sure her "meltdown" was all an act (not even a very good one), given how she treats people who work for her -- evil diva all the way! -- such as a pilot who flew a private plane she used: "Don't look at me. Don't talk to me. Just fly the damn plane."

No "please," no "thank you."

(My hair guy has some fun connections and good stories...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Regular

The coach from h*** was abusive. And unless she berated each group, it was unfair to the two young singers to have to work with her.

I really dislike Clint and was disappointed he got through. Very disappointed--he's a jerk, and while many people can be talented and jerks, at some point the narcissisism and cruelty just becomes too much to want to watch. His talent is not so overwhelming as to make me want to ignore the terrible personality. I hate his glasses intensely as well--worse than Danny Gokey's goofball ones, and those were horrible. I hope America does NOT vote for Clint and he's gone long before the top-10.

I was sad Chris Medina got the boot. He was less talented than some, but I would have preferred him over Clint. CM probably would not have made top-10, but if we're going to be subjective about this, I think he deserved it more just for being a decent human being. This is a singing AND personality contest mixed--if it were a raw vocals only content (singing behind a screen, no back stories, names, personalities, pictures, images, etc)--we'd have vastly different top-10s for certain.

Jaycee is probably not ready, but again, I'd rather have him get a spot over Clint. But considering we didn't get to see him do a Beatles song, it bodes poorly for him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    There are a lot of talented kids this year, but many of them tend to over sing. Paul McDonald is the antithesis of all that. I think he really could be something special if he is kept around.
    His voice may be small, but he knows what to do with it (which gives him a leg up on a lot of the bigger voices). And he definitely has "It"; that something special that makes a star sparkle.

His handicap may be that the producers will want to kill off any chance of another "White Guy with Guitar" winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I really dislike Clint and was disappointed he got through. Very disappointed--he's a jerk, and while many people can be talented and jerks, at some point the narcissisism and cruelty just becomes too much to want to watch. His talent is not so overwhelming as to make me want to ignore the terrible personality. I hate his glasses intensely as well--worse than Danny Gokey's goofball ones, and those were horrible. I hope America does NOT vote for Clint and he's gone long before the top-10.
    I agree with you about Clint, Annika. I love how Jennifer calls him on his fake modesty on every round. I don't think he brings anything that special to the stage. There is stronger talent this year. I doubt he'll make into the top 12.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

"Jaycee is probably not ready, but again, I'd rather have him get a spot over Clint. But considering we didn't get to see him do a Beatles song, it bodes poorly for him"

I'm sure it will show the rest of their Beatles performances tonight.

Casey Abrams has spent the past night in the hospital in L.A. with some sort of stomach issue. Will he be able to make it out in time for his performance in the Top 24?

Ok, help me here. I skipped a few of the audition rounds, so what's the deal with Medina? I saw a headline about "Idol Fans Rally to Raise Money for Medina's Fiance" on the internet the other day. Yet I've also seen people call him "another Gokey" and say that he's just getting by on a sob story. So does his fiance have a terminal illness?

Also, in another thread, they're saying that James D has autism/Asperger's. Was he shown making it through last night? If he makes it into the Top 12 that could become an issue. Once the news leaks out people might start voting for him on sympathy, like Scott (?) the blind guy a few seasons back.

Is JLo really that bad behind the scenes? Oh, man, I feel crushed. I had totally fallen for her "sweetness and light" act. Now she has even less sympathy from me over the crying.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    His voice may be small, but he knows what to do with it (which gives him a leg up on a lot of the bigger voices). And he definitely has "It"; that something special that makes a star sparkle.
    Again, like DC.

His handicap may be that the producers will want to kill off any chance of another "White Guy with Guitar" winner.
    You think? While I have not liked seeing a guy win for so many seasons now, if Paul proves to be as genuinely talented as he seems to be, then I would not mind him winning.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ok, help me here. I skipped a few of the audition rounds, so what's the deal with Medina? I saw a headline about "Idol Fans Rally to Raise Money for Medina's Fiance" on the internet the other day. Yet I've also seen people call him "another Gokey" and say that he's just getting by on a sob story. So does his fiance have a terminal illness?

Also, in another thread, they're saying that James D has autism/Asperger's. Was he shown making it through last night? If he makes it into the Top 12 that could become an issue. Once the news leaks out people might start voting for him on sympathy, like Scott (?) the blind guy a few seasons back.

Is JLo really that bad behind the scenes? Oh, man, I feel crushed. I had totally fallen for her "sweetness and light" act. Now she has even less sympathy from me over the crying.
    Chris Medina did not make it through to the Final 24. His fiance is pretty bad off, I think from a car accident. He has been taking care of her all along.

James D. has not been shown yet & his story is already well known.

Someone's hair dresser is passing along stories about JLo. Believe them or don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast