+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Maybe I'm tired but man I started the waterworks right from the very first one! I felt like such a big old sap sitting there with teary eyes as I watched them crying....sheesh. And Jennifer had better develop a thicker skin or AI is going to eat her alive.

I kept hearing that this is the most incredible talent ever and I didn't believe it. Till tonight. Finally they showed us what made them say that and I have to say I am going to have a very hard time picking a favorite because there are so many that I like!

I had my eye on Naima from the start and she cemented it when they showed her final solo. Wow! Add to her Tim, Paul, Julia, Robbie, Ashton, Pia, Karen and even Jordon managed to redeem himself a little in my eyes tonight.

The ones who I think are way out classed are James, Hailey, Scotty, and Lauren. I'm hoping they are amongst the first to go (or don't make the cut at all). I didn't see anything special about any of them when compared to the others and we still have more to go.

Casey fell a little flat for me, I wasn't impressed at all with his routine with Chris. Also falling flat was Clint, he can sing but I am not getting very much emotion out of his songs. Just a bunch of yelling, sort of like James.

I like Jacob dialed back a few notches. He's got a lovely voice, I'm afraid that Randy gave him bad advice. No, Randy, they do not need to send to *whatever church they named* every single time. Sometimes knowing when to sing softly is just as effective and constant screeching/yelling gets old quick. Just ask James.

I got confused with the editing and I'm not one hundred percent sure who made it through and who didn't. Did they actually waste an entire hour and only give us like 5 names out of the 24? Seemed that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by azadee13 View Post
    How did Deandre not make it to top 24? His voice is awesome. Now watch Chris medina who's voice is average make it through just because of his backstory.
    Because they are saving him and Holly for next year. It was pretty obvious with the comments they made, they want them to come back like Hailey did because they already have their chosen ones picked and they don't want them getting lost in the shuffle.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I may be from the Scotty "neck of the woods", but I really love Robbie Rosen.
    David Archueletta version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    Paul McDonald looks like Kenny Loggins Jr. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
    There are a lot of talented kids this year, but many of them tend to over sing. Paul McDonald is the antithesis of all that. I think he really could be something special if he is kept around.

Chris Medina has been given an appearance & performance on Leno. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    There are a lot of talented kids this year, but many of them tend to over sing. Paul McDonald is the antithesis of all that. I think he really could be something special if he is kept around.
    And there is no salsa or disco night!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

And yet again, Ryan, these people that AI is pushing are not our favorites. I think he made that comment at least twice. Is that to convince us?

FORT Fogey

I don't have the names down yet but the man the Beetle expert told not to over sing was correct. Why Randy countered that, I have no clue. I agree that over singing is a huge mistake. It is an assault to the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    Paul McDonald looks like Kenny Loggins Jr. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
    My husband's exact words.

I love me some Kenny Loggins.

That singing coach from hell really upset me. I get that they need to toughen up and sing right, but she passed the line of abuse and I found it unacceptable. I hope she's not going to be a regular part of this season.
    Paul McDonald wasn't even on my radar before last night, but now he's at the top of my list. The Beatles duet was just gorgeous. He lost me a little with his original song, though. Too soon for that. People need to be able to grab onto something they're familiar with at this point.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I don't have the names down yet but the man the Beetle expert told not to over sing was correct. Why Randy countered that, I have no clue. I agree that over singing is a huge mistake. It is an assault to the ears.
    His name is Jimmy Iovine. He has been a producer for years & years & has worked with all the huge stars. Google him & check out his triumphs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast