+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

  1. #51
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I would take an easy-sounding, smooth singer over an oversinger any day. Take Casey Abrams for example. The stand-up bass may have been OTT itself, but his singing was great. My favorite guy that I've seen so far.

    We also saw a glimpse of a girl named Kendra Chantelle. Uh, where has she been hiding, editors!?
    My 8 year old son was playing with his Legos while I rewatched the show, he glanced up and said "Cool double bass, mom!" then watched the rest of the performance.

    I always get a tickle out of it when he does things like that because for being a little guy, he has a pretty good ear and I was rather surprised that he knew what it was (considering that everybody else was referring to it as a stand-up bass).

    I asked him how he knew it and he said "Oh, we've played that in music class but the teacher calls it a contrabass" and in the most off-hand way and then in the same way said "That guy is pretty cool, bet lots of kids will want to play that now. He should win."

    From the mouth of babes! I like Casey and Brett. I'm hoping against hope that they do not wear out their welcome by taking things too far. But so far so good.

    I read an article about Casey's performance and evidently we were not the only family with this sort of discussion. That instrument caught the attention of a bunch of little kids who are now curious about it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

  2. #52
    Sweet Lolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I'm thinking that ain't the name her momma gave her! I had to also giggle at the girl on the first page who's name is listed as Becca Boom! You don't have to be very creative to give someone a playground nickname in their cases.

    Symphony's video says this was her 3rd year auditioning. Three years and we never see her on camera?
    You'd be surprised at what people name their kids. A girl in my dorm in college was named "Delishus." I wish I were kidding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    My 8 year old son was playing with his Legos while I rewatched the show, he glanced up and said "Cool double bass, mom!" then watched the rest of the performance.

    I always get a tickle out of it when he does things like that because for being a little guy, he has a pretty good ear and I was rather surprised that he knew what it was (considering that everybody else was referring to it as a stand-up bass).

    I asked him how he knew it and he said "Oh, we've played that in music class but the teacher calls it a contrabass" and in the most off-hand way and then in the same way said "That guy is pretty cool, bet lots of kids will want to play that now. He should win."

    From the mouth of babes! I like Casey and Brett. I'm hoping against hope that they do not wear out their welcome by taking things too far. But so far so good.

    I read an article about Casey's performance and evidently we were not the only family with this sort of discussion. That instrument caught the attention of a bunch of little kids who are now curious about it.
    That is so cute! I used to play violin in a small symphony (with violins, violas, cellos, bass, etc) for children and the bass players always seemed so cool

  3. #53
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,537

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    I can't stand Ashley either! From the very first audition, she struck me as unstable, & everything they've shown since then has only reaffirmed that to me! She also looks like a druggie to me. I don't know if she is / was or whatever, but she strikes me as such. She just has that "meth" look about her, IMO. I wish she really did quit when she said she was going to. Things are only going to get more stressful as the competition goes on, & I really don't think she's got the emotional stability to handle it. She's going to have a major meltdown if she stays for any length of time, no doubt in my mind.

    God forbid she makes it to the live rounds. I can totally see her having a major freak out on national TV. They need to cut her NOW. And amp up security, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  4. #54
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Jacob Lusk was outrageously amazing!!! He's got one of those voices (and his stage actions) that say "church" to me. He's a person who, when it is known that he is going to sing that Sunday, there isn't a seat in the house! And his emotions just took completely over! He broke himself down!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #55
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Jacob Lusk was outrageously amazing!!! He's got one of those voices (and his stage actions) that say "church" to me. He's a person who, when it is known that he is going to sing that Sunday, there isn't a seat in the house! And his emotions just took completely over! He broke himself down!
    Yep, it was pretty obvious from his reaction that he gave the performance of his life.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  6. #56
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I can't stand Ashley either! From the very first audition, she struck me as unstable, & everything they've shown since then has only reaffirmed that to me! She also looks like a druggie to me. I don't know if she is / was or whatever, but she strikes me as such. She just has that "meth" look about her, IMO. I wish she really did quit when she said she was going to. Things are only going to get more stressful as the competition goes on, & I really don't think she's got the emotional stability to handle it. She's going to have a major meltdown if she stays for any length of time, no doubt in my mind.

    God forbid she makes it to the live rounds. I can totally see her having a major freak out on national TV. They need to cut her NOW. And amp up security, lol.
    I had the same thoughts. I don't know this person, so I don't want to make any accusations that may not be true, but it makes you wonder.

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    The official American Idol website now shows all the contestants (all 61 of them) who are going to Vegas, including the ones who were never (or at least very rarely) shown on tv and some who have their audition city listed as "MySpace"

    Las Vegas Hopefuls - American Idol
    I haven't looked yet, but I wish they have a video of their Hollywood performance so people can hear and see how they made it

  8. #58
    FORT Fanatic LalahLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    685

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Is it just me, or is the talent incredible this season? I wonder if Simon was the one keeping the best singers off the show due to their looks, or if it's just that the kids who were raised on and inspired by American Idol are finally old enough to audition?

  9. #59
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    The talent does seem pretty huge.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post


    Norealityhere - She is the crazy Ashley we've been discussing so much.

    It's my understanding that the pool of 61 will be taken down to 40 after the Beatles tunes are sung. Don't see her going any further.
    Thanks, Little Sew & Sew & Razorbacker.

    I've only seen the show 2x - about 10 minutes or so - so I had no idea.
    I'm just not drawn to it like I used to be.

    Perhaps, I'll watch again when they get down to 12.
    In the meantime, I hope all of you who DO watch, enjoy!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.