+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    Simon always looked bored. He looked bored during auditions, during Hollywood Week, and looked bored during the live competitions as well. It was like he wanted to be anywhere but there. No one in the room could compete with his ego. This year I feel like it's about the contestants, and we could be in for the best season of all because FINALLY the judging panel is focused on taking them as far as they can go.

I totally agree with you. I was amazed when there were a number of people who said that they would not watch AI without Simon like the show was actually BRITISH JUDGE and not American Idol. While I was fearful that ST and JL were divas and that they would interfere with the attention that should be on the kids, I was wrong and they turned out to be super. Randy also is so much better and we haven't heard his banal expressions as much since he offering the kids full sentences.

I think one of the reasons that so far this season is so enjoyable and fun is that the judges have made it about the contestants and not about themselves. For many seasons the focus seemed to be on the judges constantly bickering and bantering and that got old really quick. It carried on into the live show and at some times it was a bit annoying, but other times it was just downright rude and disrespectfult to the contestant. These judges seem to be quick and to the point, supportive, sympathetic, and offer helpful advice without being mean. So far so good.

I saw about 5 minutes of the show last night.
    The girl with dark hair with streaks whose boyfriend had been in Iraq was doing a Michael Buble song - to boyfriend.
    She kept messing up. I finally turned to another channel.
    Can anyone tell me if she was put through?
    I don't remember her name.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    This is not a spoiler since it's on the AI website (the list of those who have made it through to the next round) but there is somebody named Symphony Music Howlett. Have we ever seen this person? I definitely would have noticed somebody with that name!
    I'm thinking that ain't the name her momma gave her! I had to also giggle at the girl on the first page who's name is listed as Becca Boom! You don't have to be very creative to give someone a playground nickname in their cases.

Symphony's video says this was her 3rd year auditioning. Three years and we never see her on camera?
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 02-18-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I wonder with Nigel returning, and his SYTYCD experience, I hope we learn if this has changed. With SYTYCD you can return even if you make it to Vegas... which is how they see some of the talent progress when they agree they were not ready that season.

Perhaps. They have made some changes already and we will probably see many more.

Jacob Lusk and Casey something (the guy with the double bass) were both awesome. Early favourites for me

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I'm thinking that ain't the name her momma gave her! I had to also giggle at the girl on the first page who's name is listed as Becca Boom! You don't have to be very creative to give someone a playground nickname in their cases.

Symphony's video says this was her 3rd year auditioning. Three years and we never see her on camera?
    I didn't notice Ms. Boom. Now I have to go look! Well if this is her 3rd year and she has not once been shown? That tells us she has no back story! She needs to go create one, quick!

They also have audio of their auditions if anybody is interested in these mystery people.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I saw about 5 minutes of the show last night.
    The girl with dark hair with streaks whose boyfriend had been in Iraq was doing a Michael Buble song - to boyfriend.
    She kept messing up. I finally turned to another channel.
    Can anyone tell me if she was put through?
    I don't remember her name.
    TIA
    Yes she was put through.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Norealityhere - She is the crazy Ashley we've been discussing so much.

It's my understanding that the pool of 61 will be taken down to 40 after the Beatles tunes are sung. Don't see her going any further.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Not a fan of Jacob Lusk. I thought he oversang way too much. He's got a voice, but he needs to learn how to control it more.

Actually, I thought there was a lot of oversinging in yesterday's show. Haley Reinhart comes to mind. Talented girl, but if she's going to keep singing OTT, she's not going to win. People will get tired of it very early on.

I would take an easy-sounding, smooth singer over an oversinger any day. Take Casey Abrams for example. The stand-up bass may have been OTT itself, but his singing was great. My favorite guy that I've seen so far.

We also saw a glimpse of a girl named Kendra Chantelle. Uh, where has she been hiding, editors!?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast