+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

I am willing to apologize profusely if I can be proven wrong, but Ashley strikes me as a drug addict.
    I was thinking more along the lines of bi-polar. My mother is and I swear when she's manic it seems like she's on something. And those mood swings!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

So they are at 61 and not 40??? So there will be one more elimination before they get to the final 24?? I hope my numbers are correct. I have to chime in here with the Ashley issue. She is the only Massachusetts contestent()but she does NOT belong there------not under any conditions. She brings nothing to the competition. Drama is one thing, but we do not need to share her apparent illness and it is just uncomfortable to watch her. This is a new low for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am dumbfounded as to why they allowed Ashley to progress. She is not a stand out, blew her auditions and is clearly not capable of handling stress. She doesnt have star quality either. And they let go of several good women singers who blew it far less than she. Simon would have nixed her in a heartbeat.
    I disagree that Simon would have necessarily nixed her, if you think back to some of the people he let through. Its all about reality TV and drama, and only marginally about the singing.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. It is unfortunate that they allowed Jayzee to go to Hollywood because you cannot audition in the future if you made it that far, if that is still a rule. It is clear he needs to mature.
    I wonder with Nigel returning, and his SYTYCD experience, I hope we learn if this has changed. With SYTYCD you can return even if you make it to Vegas... which is how they see some of the talent progress when they agree they were not ready that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I disagree that Simon would have necessarily nixed her, if you think back to some of the people he let through. Its all about reality TV and drama, and only marginally about the singing.
    I agree. Tatiana comes to mind. She was a train wreck. My favorite at this point is Ashton. I really hope that girl makes it all the way through.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I wonder with Nigel returning, and his SYTYCD experience, I hope we learn if this has changed. With SYTYCD you can return even if you make it to Vegas... which is how they see some of the talent progress when they agree they were not ready that season.

I must be remembering it wrong ... I thought on Idol that you could audition again as long as you didn't make the top 24.

I am so surprised they let Jaycee through. His voice is not strong enough.

I do love Carlton from Malibu, he cracks me up, has a great attitude, and loves the stage. Don't think his voice is strong enough to make the top 24, although for entertainment purposes, I would like to see him there.

I really don't have favorites yet, haven't seen enough. Except perhaps Jacob.

FORT Fogey

Jaycee must be a special favorite of Jennifer. I thought I heard her say last night that she could listen to his voice forever...or something to that effect.

This is not a spoiler since it's on the AI website (the list of those who have made it through to the next round) but there is somebody named Symphony Music Howlett. Have we ever seen this person? I definitely would have noticed somebody with that name!

What annoys me is that I'm looking at that list and I'd say more than half are of people I've never seen, never heard of and that's just messed up. We can waste hours on Nut Job Ashley and yet can't even briefly show these others? Sheesh.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Oh Damn! This episode is definitely "nuts of wonder... in your jeans, baby!. It's totally unfair that the judges put Ashley and Scotty through the next round when they forgot the words. If you forget the words, you should be out. That was the rule, so I guess it's not cut in stone.
    Hey jammyjoe. I think that was just Simon's set-in-stone, hard-nose rule to help make it easier to cut people. I agree that the two contestants they showed butchering the lyrics should have been cut, but I think this group of judges is using more than just a narrow set of criteria. Steven and J-Lo have really impressed me with their earnestness and seeming desire to encourage someone's talent instead of shredding them to pieces like Simon enjoyed doing. And I think they have helped Randy become a better judge.

I admired Simon's forthrightness at times, but often he made it far too much about himself being the great and powerful arbiter of all talent, and less about helping someone use their talent and become really special.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make Ė it affects the people around you Ė it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

So far, this is my favorite season in years. Much has to do with the talent this year, but I think the main reason is the new judging panel. Everyone is having fun. Randy is at ease. Jennifer and Steven as highly successful artists have a different perspective than other judges have. Sure, Paula was 'an artist' but highly successful as a singer? Jennifer and Steven are professional, empathetic, knowledgeable, friendly and supportive, and it's obvious they take this very seriously. Randy, it seems, is flat out having a ball this year. He's not having to fight Simon to get a word or thought in edgewise, and he's obviously more relaxed.

Simon always looked bored. He looked bored during auditions, during Hollywood Week, and looked bored during the live competitions as well. It was like he wanted to be anywhere but there. No one in the room could compete with his ego. This year I feel like it's about the contestants, and we could be in for the best season of all because FINALLY the judging panel is focused on taking them as far as they can go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast