+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Loved when the girls asked for Steven Tyler to sit on stage so they could sing to him. Never knew he was so quick-witted and funny.

Did not see anything of the reported local (James Ethan Clark) and I'm left wondering if he made it or if he was one of the contestants whose name didn't show up on screen, therefore remaining anonymous until the Top 20 like Kris Allen did.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Loved when the girls asked for Steven Tyler to sit on stage so they could sing to him.
    I thought it was a gimmick and should not have been allowed. Would he have been willing to do it for all the groups? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I thought it was a gimmick and should not have been allowed. Would he have been willing to do it for all the groups? I doubt it.

Yep, and even he said he was partial when walking off stage. I claim a foul.

I am really enjoying Steven and Jennifer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Yep, and even he said he was partial when walking off stage. I claim a foul.

I am really enjoying Steven and Jennifer though.
    Regardless of that statement, they still kept only 1 of the 4.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Lauren who "forced" him onstage is the same girl who "forced" him to sing one of his songs with her in audition. We'll see how trying to curry favor works for her in the future.

I agree that Ryan's 'Favorites' line was too much too soon and without any merit. They only reason we MIGHT have a favorite is because they have shown that person's back story during an audition in order to help us emotionally bond with them. Bleh.

The group round is grueling because the contestants have been hyper about arriving in LA and making it through the first round; then without a break, they are to form groups and find harmony and individuality at the same time. Without sleep and hardly time for nourishment, it is a miracle that any of them can put something up on the stage for judgment. This is the Boot Camp portion of Hollywood Week with tonight being humiliation night - or ROOM NIGHT.

I hope they ixnay the stage mothers tonight. A problem with having contestants under age 18, so they have to go with the flow - but, really, please don't shove them down our throats...the kids have it bad enough.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

ST's vote counts for - at most - 33% when deciding who stays and who goes. It might be as little as 25% if Randy claims seniority.

As Razorback pointed out, only Lauren was given a pass. The other 3 girls didn't even so much as have their names show up on the screen!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    Does it make any difference if I point out that, aside from the singing (which we can see is either good or bad) everything else is a bunch of producer driven and editor created storylines. The judges obviously were briefed on what happened with Jaycee and made a point of asking about. Any of the comments we hear could have been made at any time in any context and then cut together to make heroes and villains; the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. In the end we are left with an impression that we know these people - but we don't at all. The voices don't lie, but rest of it is a TV show made from bits and pieces caught during a numbingly repetitive and crushingly boring four days. People are then paid big bucks to rearrange the bits into the most dramatic and entertaining two hours possible.

If you are not familiar with how reality TV is put together, UK TV Personality Charlie Brooker shows you how it is done:

Reality Editing 101: Making Something Out of Nothing
    I TOTALLY agree. I keep this in mind EVERY time I watch an episode of AI. I think they are the BEST (10 years of experience) in creating "storylines" out of slick edits. Giving credit where credit is due.

I had no problem with Steven sitting on the stage being sung to. I thought it really added entertainment to the show. The way I think it should have been handled, is that it wouldn't be allowed for any of the groups to call one of the judges up on stage like that. He probably was caught off guard and just did it. I don't blame him..I say it should be a rule. No judge as part of the group act.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Regardless of that statement, they still kept only 1 of the 4.
    I thought two of the blondes were good and will keep at least 2 but surprised only 1 (Lauren) went through which is the same girl who was shown at the auditions. It seems some were selected differently and were not given the same level of judging.

And i'm surprised for another blonde girl who JLo said at the audition "they will eat her up alive in Hollywood" even made past the 1st round. I can't believe Rob Bolin (the ex-bf/gf) of 3's Companygave up. He should have teamed up with another group. I think he has the best voice among the 3. Hopefully he comes back next year with a better frame of mind and giving this experience closure. San Francisco indie girl Emily Anne Reed didn't make it. He probably would have made it if he auditioned last year.

There were some new faces but not enough. The nerve of them calling these contestants our favorites when clearly, they are the producer's favorites. Of course there are some really better singers that they don't like who they give very little air time to, sometimes lucky enough to have their names mentioned (i.e. Joe Munoz, Ricky Braddy) thereby not developing a fanbase to get any voting support in the semi-finals.

As for Jaycee, that "Mercy" song was quite appropriate, lol. But he was definitely given a 2nd chance due to situations he had no control of. I doubt he will make it through the 3rd round though because he has a weak voice and that's why they kicked him out of the group. I'm sure Scotty felt bad because he didn't have a group at first and Jaycee actually was the first one to welcome him.

I hate these group round because the contestants are not there to sing with a group but as a solo. They should change this round. Maybe have the producers separate them into categories. Like group them by singing style...Country singers, rockers, balladeers, r&b singers, etc. then further separated by gender. Because they sound alike, the judges will have to pick the best from those groups. This way, you don't duplicate contestants who are similar sounding and it would be easier to pick the best of the crop because you hear them sing together. They can weed out the ones that are not as good as their peers.

[edit]
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 02-18-2011 at 04:17 PM.

In a matter of seconds, two of my favorite people from the auditions -- Emily Anne Reed and Adrienne Beasley -- were shown to be cut. That was a tough pill to swallow.

And I don't know, I did not like how a lot of attention was focused on Jacee. If he manages to make through the seat cuts, he is going to ride on his sympathetic edit in Hollywood to the TOP12, most likely even farther. Meanwhile, Clint is going to go home very early if he also gets through the seat cuts unless he pulls out a knockout performance. I'm not a fan of him per se, but why should he get the villain edit? I bet that if he had done that to anyone other than Jacee, he would not have been edited like that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast