+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Re: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    James Durbin is in like Flynn.
    This guy is brutal. I reckon we are going to be "blessed" with that caterwauling for the foreseeable future.

FORT Fogey

Again, too much time spent on the same people. I laughed about a quarter of the way into the show when Ryan's voice-over----"Wait to see what happens with SOME OF YOUR FAVORITES." I don't recall voting or any indiction that the selected people were the "favorites" of America. I hoped that this pre-selection of America's favorites would not be a problem this year....but it is the worst I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Completely agree... It seems the only reason they didn't choose him was because he didn't know the lyrics... I thought he had a fantastic voice. I just don't get why there is even a group audition. It's an INDIVIDUAL singing competition.
    I'm still upset over this one. That guy has a beautiful voice and would have been great in the competition. The girls we've heard a million times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I kept falling asleep during commercials in the second hour. Could someone tell me what happened with Jacee and Scott? I also missed what happened to Brett (carrot-top). Thanks.
    Jacee had trouble with the words, but they sent him through. Brett was good and made it through, as well.

Remind me who Scott is? Is he the kid that sings country and sounds like Randy Travis? He made it through and they showed him crying, saying he felt really bad about how they treated Jacee. He also told the judges before they started singing that Jacee is the best kid there.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I didn't watch the whole episode, but caught a portion. I felt so bad for what JC's (was that his name? The heavy 15 yr old) group did to him? How rude. I was hoping none of them made it through, but they did

I haven't been watching b/c I thought it was going to suck without Simon, but I have to admit that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are doing great. I will try to catch it next week
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

"suck without Simon"....LOL I think most people are getting the impression that Simon sucked the joy out of the show ( especailly the last few seasons)and it now has the attitude and feeling that it should have.....a fun program. I have not heard anybody say that they miss him.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    "suck without Simon"....LOL I think most people are getting the impression that Simon sucked the joy out of the show ( especailly the last few seasons)and it now has the attitude and feeling that it should have.....a fun program. I have not heard anybody say that they miss him.
    Sorry, but I loved Simon. I thought he could be a little nicer, but he was the only one that gave constructive criticism most of the time.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Sorry, but I loved Simon. I thought he could be a little nicer, but he was the only one that gave constructive criticism most of the time.
    In all honesty, what were those words of constructive criticism? I never heard them. Sure he railed & castigated & denigrated but what exactly did he offer as a means of improvement? As the person above said, he sucked the life out of the show, especially the past few seasons when it became patently obvious he just didn't want to be there.

Good riddance to the egotistical buffoon.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    He may have been the only one to say what he was honestly thinking, however, I seldom heard constructive criticism from him. He just had no filter. Did I often agree with him? Yes, but I still found him to be as lacking in constructive criticism as everyone else on the panel, and usually unnecessarily mean and totally arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    Does it make any difference if I point out that, aside from the singing (which we can see is either good or bad) everything else is a bunch of producer driven and editor created storylines.
    Reality Editing 101: Making Something Out of Nothing
    Hi Topcat. I'm glad you brought this up. The spliced storylines are pretty obvious this year. Thanks for the video link! It is informative and funny!

And yes, the judges were prompted to jack up the drama on Jaycee being booted out of the last performance group. I actually think the group did the right thing by letting the 15-year-old go. He's talented, but his wonderful choir-boy style would not have fit in with their setup for that particular song. But the way the producers edited the video, it made Clint from the last group look like a jerk.
    ----
    Last edited by pillbeam; 02-17-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast