+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Re: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

They saved the best worst for last I see.

FORT Fogey

DNW Ego-boy and Potty-mouth girl.

Hasta la manana!
    Last edited by WinkyD; 02-16-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I cried tonight right along with Jaycee. What a sweetheart.
    Wake up and be awesome

Scotty from Garner sure did get a lot of air time... It'll be the talk of the town tomorrow.

I live in Raleigh, but work in Garner.

Here's a local interview if anyone's interested.

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/video/9126170/#/vid9126170

(I liked what he said about Jacee, and how he felt terrible about how that was handled. Nice kid!)
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 02-16-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Who died and put Jordan in charge?
    WONT be rooting for this kid even if he magically turns into Maxwell (which I doubt). Who does this kid think he is...?

WONT be rooting for that Clint Gambo kid that kicked Jaycee out of the group either. And everyone in that group should be ASHAMED that they let that happen.

I wasnt at all impressed by the changing standards throughout the day. After the first two performances the judges got mega-critical (which is fine by me)..one misstep and you were OUT. But towards the end of the day they started considering the "body of work" from the singers--letting folks go through that made me want to blow my ears off (the last group--seriously?!)!

Guess who blew her last chance at auditioning for American Idol. Jessica Yantz, that's who. Being that she's 28, she'll never get another opportunity to audition for American Idol and she can thank her own stupid decisions during the group round. Not only did she leave her original group, she hooked up with Tiffany Rios for that awful duet. All because she felt so sorry that Tiffany had no group to be in? Tiffany made her own bed and Jessica should have just left her to sleep in it. Has she completely forgotten why she was in Hollywood to begin with?! Unbelievably stupid! Now she will live the rest of her life as a nobody and she has only herself to blame for that! Congratulations, Jessica! You blew it big time!

FORT Fogey

Does it make any difference if I point out that, aside from the singing (which we can see is either good or bad) everything else is a bunch of producer driven and editor created storylines. The judges obviously were briefed on what happened with Jaycee and made a point of asking about. Any of the comments we hear could have been made at any time in any context and then cut together to make heroes and villains; the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. In the end we are left with an impression that we know these people - but we don't at all. The voices don't lie, but rest of it is a TV show made from bits and pieces caught during a numbingly repetitive and crushingly boring four days. People are then paid big bucks to rearrange the bits into the most dramatic and entertaining two hours possible.

If you are not familiar with how reality TV is put together, UK TV Personality Charlie Brooker shows you how it is done:

Reality Editing 101: Making Something Out of Nothing
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 02-17-2011 at 12:35 AM.

I'm still trying to figure out how the girls made it through in that last group of three. They were horrible, especially the blonde. The guy didn't know the words and made them up but he sounded better than both of the girls.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the girls made it through in that last group of three. They were horrible, especially the blonde. The guy didn't know the words and made them up but he sounded better than both of the girls.
    Completely agree... It seems the only reason they didn't choose him was because he didn't know the lyrics... I thought he had a fantastic voice. I just don't get why there is even a group audition. It's an INDIVIDUAL singing competition.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I kept falling asleep during commercials in the second hour. Could someone tell me what happened with Jacee and Scott? I also missed what happened to Brett (carrot-top). Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast