+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2/10 Hollywood Night 1 *Spoilers*

Re: 2/10 Hollywood Night 1 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4189580;
    *sighs* Chris Medina will end up being Danny Gokey to me, as in a talented singer whose back story overtakes him and causes me to start hating him. James Durbin will become Adam Lambert, as in a screamer who will annoy me so much with all the screeching that I will want to take sharp objects to my eardrums to shut him out.

Iíve yet to pick out a favorite, I thought it would be James D. but he is already on my nerves with his misplaced screaming. I like what Iíve seen of Clint and Casey but will withhold judgment on them till I see/hear more.

I want goofy and sweet Steven back, did not like the mean version at all.

Anybody else getting dizzy? They are whizzing past so fast, there went that person! Hey, look isnít that? No, wait they are gone, never mind. It is what annoys me about Hollywood week; it goes so fast that I get lost in trying to figure out who is who.

Iím glad the pseudo couple have been split up, I could only take so much of that. Also, I would have walked away from him too. As soon as he decided to lose all self-respect and start begging.

I agree with almost everything you said, except I loved Danny all the way through and still love him.
    I am NOT looking forward to James Durbin's Lambert-esque screaching that will most likely get applauded as being brilliant and whatnot. Major blech!

And I really loathe the editing that takes place on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4191576;
    We said the same thing here in this house. James is going to make it on the show (to the voting stage) just so AI can have a second chance. Kris won out over Adam and that didn't sit well with a lot of people . . . even though I could listen to Kris sing for six days straight if it meant avoiding Adam 's screaming for even an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;4190696;
    The bottom line for me is I don't care about any of the drama, just give me some people who can sing.
    You know, I was watching the Grammys tonight and Bruno Mars was performing and I thought--what if someone like this showed up on IDOL? I mean, he is off-the charts talented and can probably sing almost any style. Why dont we get more people like him..or even close? Sometimes I think the first few seasons of AI exhausted that pool and we had to go through the last 3/4 with overall sub-par talent.

Of course, the girl that plays Mercedes on Glee auditioned for Idol and didnt even make it in front of the judges so....
    (but, to be fair, she could have been behind someone who had recently fallen off a cliff while enganging in charity work and raising a child alone (on said cliff) and they could have totally just missed her, ya know).

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4192159;
    You know, I was watching the Grammys tonight and Bruno Mars was performing and I thought--what if someone like this showed up on IDOL? I mean, he is off-the charts talented and can probably sing almost any style. Why dont we get more people like him..or even close? Sometimes I think the first few seasons of AI exhausted that pool and we had to go through the last 3/4 with overall sub-par talent.

Of course, the girl that plays Mercedes on Glee auditioned for Idol and didnt even make it in front of the judges so....
    (but, to be fair, she could have been behind someone who had recently fallen off a cliff while enganging in charity work and raising a child alone (on said cliff) and they could have totally just missed her, ya know).
    Hilary Scott of Lady Antebellum had the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4191576;
    We said the same thing here in this house. James is going to make it on the show (to the voting stage) just so AI can have a second chance. Kris won out over Adam and that didn't sit well with a lot of people . . . even though I could listen to Kris sing for six days straight if it meant avoiding Adam 's screaming for even an hour.
    LOL I completely agree, I am not exactly a Kris fan but I will take his boring self over the screeching any day. I actually think that Adam is talented, perhaps one of the most talented contestants to appear on AI. However, somewhere along the way AI convinced him that misplaced screeching was a good thing and he refused to let it go.

I liked him when he just sang and set aside the screaming, he has a lovely voice then.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;4192064;
    I agree with almost everything you said, except I loved Danny all the way through and still love him. I am NOT looking forward to James Durbin's Lambert-esque screaching that will most likely get applauded as being brilliant and whatnot. Major blech!
    I actually thought Danny could sing, it was the back story and the nonstop with it that made me not like him. Some are saying that was AI's doing, not sure I completely agree because it wasn't AI that peppered the website with her or AI that did the home town things with her. I think, like Adam, he was given some really bad information and went with it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

You know, I was watching the Grammys tonight and Bruno Mars was performing and I thought--what if someone like this showed up on IDOL? I mean, he is off-the charts talented and can probably sing almost any style. Why dont we get more people like him..or even close?
    Maybe because the people who are really talented don't need to go through the "reality"-TV circus in order to get a recording deal? They know how to get an agent, go through the club circuit, make a demo, etc.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

There was...his name was Mario. But he quit after making the top 12, thinking he can do better. Whatever happened to him?

His name was Mario Vasquez. I remember that he had one hit song...

...Alright, I looked into it and this is what I found: he's a one-hit wonder, with "Gallery" reaching #35 on the Hot 100 in 2006. His album only managed to peak at #80. He was dropped from his label and hasn't been heard from ever since.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789