+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/10 Hollywood Night 1 *Spoilers*

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 2/10 Hollywood Night 1 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4189534;
    If your "local" is Scotty - he made it through.
    Scotty is a local, yes . . . reportedly, his grandparents live about 30 minutes from me.

I was thinking of a more "local local" . . . . James Ethan Clark (who we did NOT see during auditions). I know what he looks like, but if it weren't for Facebook, I wouldn't know what he sounds like. Idol was no help in that area!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4189662;
    It was on the San Diego news? And they said local girl? Then I guess I missed her. The only Tourette I'm aware of is a guy from Santa Cruz who was the last to audition in San Francisco.
    Yeah -- I don't remember her from the auditions, either. But there she was with daddy on the news. (I don't remember seeing her on Idol -- auditions or the first H'wood show -- at all, however. But I haven't been watching closely.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4189232;
    Good that he has training and can do diferent styles, but, if he can, why sing the same song for his opening Hollywood round as his initial audition? I like the kid, but don't like the fact he took an easy way out. I have no problem with his country preference (if that is the case) but as a fan, I'd like to hear the competitors change it up, even just a little, that would keep the current fans and gain others. Just my opinion.
    I'm not particularly a fan of reusing the audition song either, but I'm not going to ding someone for doing it. If it's happening too often the producers will slap down a "no repeats" rule in Hollywood Weeks to come.

That said, I want Scotty through because I really want to have someone with a REAL low register in the finals. I have nothing against the tenors (I am one), but Idol has never really had a good baritone in the finals: you always have the guys scratching the bottom of their registers on songs so that they can get through the beginning part and head toward their power range in the chorus. I'd love to see what someone who can actually SING down there would do.

That is what I like about him also. He may have a country twang, but there is nothing like a full-on baritone. As a soprano, I couldn't sing with the tenors, but give me a baritone any day.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was referring to Chris Medina earlier. I didn't think he was going to make it after that performance (yuck) in the 1st round of Hollywood. His group (10) may be that bad because only 3 of them made it. It was a pity vote. He is Danny Gokey part deaux, but Danny is much better singer (just don't sing any Aerosmith song).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Anybody else getting dizzy? They are whizzing past so fast, there went that person! Hey, look isn’t that? No, wait they are gone, never mind. It is what annoys me about
    This is what aggravates me about Idol. They waste so much time on auditions and back stories, and when it gets to Hollywood, all we see are people we've already seen in the auditions and only a handful of them. I was hoping that maybe they would have learned something and switched up this season with less nonsense and more content, but I guess not. The bottom line for me is I don't care about any of the drama, just give me some people who can sing.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-12-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I only saw about 10 minutes of AI at the very beginning when they had the kid on from NY and they said he lived in the shelter, heavily infested by crime. Travis Orlando, I think?
    Did he make it through?
    I was so turned off by how they exploited that - I know that area very well and it's not anywhere near the level that the producers would have us believe.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Travis Orlando = No

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4190137;
    I was referring to Chris Medina earlier. I didn't think he was going to make it after that performance (yuck) in the 1st round of Hollywood. His group (10) may be that bad because only 3 of them made it. It was a pity vote. He is Danny Gokey part deaux, but Danny is much better singer (just don't sing any Aerosmith song).
    I didn't think his Hollywood autition went well either but he does have incredible skill as evidenced in his first audition, absolutely.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4189580;
    James Durbin will become Adam Lambert, as in a screamer who will annoy me so much with all the screeching that I will want to take sharp objects to my eardrums to shut him out.

We said the same thing here in this house. James is going to make it on the show (to the voting stage) just so AI can have a second chance. Kris won out over Adam and that didn't sit well with a lot of people . . . even though I could listen to Kris sing for six days straight if it meant avoiding Adam 's screaming for even an hour.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread