+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Steven Tyler - Judge

Steven Tyler is new 'American Idol' judge

STEVEN TYLER

Born Stephen Victor Tallarico in Yonkers, NY, Steven Tyler is the iconic songwriter, composer and voice of Aerosmith – America’s greatest rock-and-roll band – and is considered one of rock’s most recognizable and dynamic frontmen. Rolling Stone has named him one of the greatest singers of all time.

After moving to Boston in the late 1960s, Tyler met the musicians with whom he would form Aerosmith: guitarist Joe Perry, bassist Tom Hamilton, guitarist Ray Tabano (who was later replaced by Brad Whitford) and drummer Joey Kramer. The quintessential lead singer, Tyler is also known to play harmonica, percussion (he began his career as a drummer) and piano on occasion. His one-of-a-kind style can always be seen at the microphone with his signature scarves wrapped around the mic stand, outrageous hats and embellished stage clothes supporting his unmatched stage swagger.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Steven Tyler - Judge

Steven Tyler. Seriously????
    What are the producers/powers that be thinking?
    This show has jumped the shark.
    American Idol is looking for a Pop Star.
    The show appeals to average Joes, grandmothers, 6 year olds, teenie boppers etc.
    Steven Tyler is not mainstream enough for this show. (He might even scare the grandmothers and 6 year olds).
    I actually like Aerosmith, but I just don't think Steven Tyler is a good choice for this show... maybe for Rock Star, but not American Idol.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-10-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Re: Steven Tyler is new 'American Idol' judge

I couldn't be paid to watch American Idol, but grandmas across the land took a liking to Bret Michaels, so what's to say that Mr. Tyler won't garner the same approval?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Steven Tyler says he'll be an "American Idol" judge - American Idol 2010 - Salon.com

Steven Tyler says he'll be an "American Idol" judge
    No official announcement from Fox just yet
    By JOHN CARUCCI, Associated Press

A source close to Steven Tyler says the Aerosmith frontman told the source he will be a judge on Fox's "American Idol" next season.

While an official announcement about Tyler has yet to come from Fox and the producers of the top-rated show, the source told The Associated Press on Wednesday, "there is no reason to refute" Tyler's account. The source spoke only on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to comment publicly on the matter.

Fox and producers FreemantleMedia North America and 19 Entertainment had no comment on the report.

The "Idol" judging panel has been in flux with the departure of mainstay Simon Cowell, as well as Ellen DeGeneres' recent announcement that she would not return for a second season.

FORT Fogey

In my opinion this is precisely the WRONG direction for Idol. I have nothing against Tyler per se (although he's never struck me as someone who could put three pithy sentences together on the spur of the moment, which is the essence of the job). Idol needs producers, talent agents, and the like as judges - not celebrities. Unfortunately, the producers seem dead set on filling the judges table with music stars. They forget that nobody knew who the hell Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson were when Idol started.

FORT Fogey

Terrible choice as I said earlier on the replace simon thread. He did a show with J geils in Bostonb this past weekend so there was much more ST publicity than we have seen in a while. There was nothing I read that made me change my mind; it all actually reinforced my opinion that the drugs all these years did not help his ability to put together thoughts and he is very self-centered

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Is Simon's new American X-Factor starting up soon?

No, Steven, no. This is the wrong show for you.

What on earth are they trying to accomplish here? The whole franchise is turning into a joke now.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The franchise has been on a downward trajectory. Bringing in Ellen last season as a replacement for Paula was a poor move, also.
    I think with Simon leaving, the show should have just gone quietly into the night......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm willing to watch a few episodes before I make my final decision, but my gut reaction is that we are getting very, very close to the bottom of the proverbial barrel.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast