+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Steven Tyler - Judge

Re: Steven Tyler is new 'American Idol' judge

This is gonna be a great season. Didn't have a clue who Steven Tyler was, I'm too old, but boy do I love him. He has the best smile and he is so sincere with his comments. Love that he joins in with the contestants and backs them up with sound effects, and he is working well with J Lo and Randy.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4172998;
    This is gonna be a great season. Didn't have a clue who Steven Tyler was, I'm too old, but boy do I love him. He has the best smile and he is so sincere with his comments. Love that he joins in with the contestants and backs them up with sound effects, and he is working well with J Lo and Randy.
    I think he's so much fun to watch because HE seems to be having so much fun with it. He's not a total goof, but he's not above the whole thing and oh-so-bored with it all. And he says the funniest stuff.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;4166925;
    and Randy acts likes he not afraid to give his opinion this year when someone is good.
    THAT'S what it is! I've been trying to put my finger on how he is different this year and that is it! He also isn't afraid to say he doesn't like it, too.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Whoever thought to put Steven Tyler as a judge is pure genius! I usually don't care to much to watch the auditions but I can't wait to tune it...just to see what Steven will say or do next!...He is fast becoming the star of the show!!

Can you say creepy ?

FORT Fogey

I didnt warm to Stephan at first but I like him now; the chemistry this season is fabulous. I, too, have noticed Randy being more direct in his critique. All three were on Oprah yesterday and Randy cannot articulate well at all so it is best he stick to shorter more concise comments. Stephan and Jennifer slid right into place. I like this group.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4177579;
    I didnt warm to Stephan at first but I like him now; the chemistry this season is fabulous. I, too, have noticed Randy being more direct in his critique. All three were on Oprah yesterday and Randy cannot articulate well at all so it is best he stick to shorter more concise comments. Stephan and Jennifer slid right into place. I like this group.
    I totally agree about the chemistry this year, it really is fabulous. I love the lack of tension, and almost hatred, that we have had on the panel in previous years. I had my sister over for dinner last night, who hasn't watched Idol since probably season 5, and she was shocked by how much she enjoyed the show and the new judging panel. I can't wait to really get the season started!

I just wanted to throw my two cents in here and say that I Love this years panel of judges. I don't normally watch the auditions either but after just a few moments, I was hooked.

Steven is fabulous and funny....Jennifer is beautiful and a perfect fit between Randy and Steven. Randy has really stepped up too and seems very confident with these two.

Three cheers for whoever made this decision.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

To the Point

My husband & daughter, who generally detest this show, have been watching even when it's just the two of them, as have I. I have only watched one complete season of this show. I've watched bits and pieces of every season, but that's been about all I could take. I've never enjoyed the auditions, but this year has been entertaining. Steven has been a great addition and I was one of those folks who thought for sure he'd be the nail in the coffin. Is he "out there"? Absolutely, but he is having a blast, has good chemistry with Randy and JLo and seems to have genuine concern for the contestants. I know there are some that thinks he is a perv, however I don't think he's that bad. He doesn't hide his appreciation for the looks of the females that he finds attractive, but I don't think he is any worse than Simon ever was.

This is a really nice thoughtful article on the prescence of Steven on Idol so far. Check it out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/ar...er=rss&emc=rss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast