+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Steven Tyler - Judge

Re: Steven Tyler is new 'American Idol' judge

I agree - Randy has a better mix with Steven and JLo than he did with past panels. I am loving ST! Even the way he lets down the ones who just aren't right is kind.
    Count your blessings!

Yes, Gut..I like that too. He's let the rejected ones down easily.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;4166145;
    Loving this panel of judges! Pleasantly surprised. Steven Tyler is brilliant in this spot. And Randy seems to be cutting loose a little bit. This is a good mix.
    I agree about Randy. He seems to actually be enjoying himself this season. I like the chemistry between the three.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I am also pleasantly surprised at Tyler's performance so far, and his background in classical and rock is a huge change for the better for the show. He seems to really work well with Lopez and Jackson. Overall, the judging team is much, much better! I hope this keeps up.

I can't believe how much I'm loving this new judging panel! When I first heard about it I thought it seemed pretty weird and random but I have been so pleasantly surprised.

Steven is definitely my favorite judge so far this season. He's so funny and charming, and I love it when he sings along with the contestants.

And how sweet was he last night with Chris' wife? The way he hugged and kissed her was just so sweet, I wasn't even crying about the story until I saw that part. He seems like a really great guy.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I was thinking this exact same thing last night. In just one week, the new judging panel, which I was originally very mild on, has managed to renew my interest in the show. Have always loved Steven Tyler, admittedly didn't know he was so eccentric. Yeah, he may be old, he may be strange looking, but I find him intriguing in a sexy sort of way...lol I appreciate that he's being honest with the contestants, but remains tactful at the same time. I appreciated Simon's brand of honesty, but let's face it, we didn't need a cookie-cutter Simon. Steven manages to do let the doomed hopefuls down easy, but tactfully.

I love the chemistry between all three of them.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Thought I would be giving up AI this year....but so far I'm loving it!! Steven and Lopez are doing a great job, and Randy acts likes he not afraid to give his opinion this year when someone is good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4166875;
    And how sweet was he last night with Chris' wife? The way he hugged and kissed her was just so sweet, I wasn't even crying about the story until I saw that part. He seems like a really great guy.
    I just love this new panel! I love that they are genuine with either positive or negatives...... simon was most always so scowly faced (he was a downer for me and rarely cared for the back story)...... Steven and Jennifer are a breath of FRESH air! I always loved Randy's laid back energy, and it fits perfectly with the sincerity of the other two!

I cried with Chris' back story.... and loved when ST kissed and whispered to the fiancee.... melted my heart
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.

FORT Regular

So far, I have really enjoyed watching the judging panel settle in and gain a comfort level with one another. Steven Tyler has been a pleasant surprise. I thought it was interesting when he leaned over to Randy and gently suggested that Randy didn't need to be mean when critiquing contestants. IMHO, the absence of snarkiness has been a major improvement this season.

At first I wasn't excited about the new judges, but I like them even better than Simon and the previous judges now! Steven is so great and funny and Jennifer rocks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast