+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2/3 Audition Round *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/3 Audition Round *Spoilers*

I agree with those of you who were disappointed with this show. It reminded me of the OLD AI shows with all the idiots....the AI we got tired of. This season has been filled with likable, talented people and to have this dumped on us was annoying. People have been thrilled with the NEW AI and to waste time seeing a run of idiots just brought back the negative feelings I had toward AI the last couple of years....I shut off the last guy because too much time was being wasted on him...especially after we saw the undertaker guy for way too long also. If they thought they were getting a popular guy like the "Pants On the Ground" oldster, they made a huge mistake bringing him on.

It must have been really bad...I don't even remember them saying how many made it to Hollywood and were shown celebrating and jumping around clutching their golden tickets. Hmmmm....I wonder how many actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4178939;
    It must have been really bad...I don't even remember them saying how many made it to Hollywood and were shown celebrating and jumping around clutching their golden tickets. Hmmmm....I wonder how many actually did.
    You are right, I actually have to think hard to recall any of the faces that made it through. The harmonizing brothers, right? They were not all that good but relative to the other crap they showed us then they are the next American Idol.

Gah.

You know it was a horrible show when you can't even remember if anybody got a golden ticket or not. And the last thing you remember is some ridiculous and angry old guy screaming about how good he feels when clearly he doesn't feel good at all. And neither do we after having been tortured by him.

AND when you can still recall the ones from Austin and keep getting confused and thinking they were on the show last night and were the ones clutching their golden tickets.

John Wayne wasn't on last night? Huh, then who made it through? Is how my brain is going at the moment, lol.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

They are SO close to getting the perfect mix for AI this season. First, feature the GREAT singers. Second, do a small compilation of the crap and only highlight [maybe] one terrible person for less than 90 seconds (ex: poor guy who owns his own production company). This satisfies the people who like the crap but keeps most of us happy. Third, keep the editors AI has RIGHT now. I almost fell over last night at some of the clips they added in for emphasis, including "They Be Beefin" on the front page and "gee-raff." Finally, keep this panel of judges...they are way better than I ever imagined they could be

Theyve been doing a much better job this season and almost have the perfect formula. After about 4 seasons of not really watching AI (or caring) I am so happy to be back!

C'mon ya'll. Every once in a while they need a show like that. Funny, weird, & wacky stuff! You bunch of curmudgeons...ha!

LOL, but razorbacker, we could argue that we've had 9 years of funny, weird, and wacky auditions and were really enjoying seeing some great singers for a change.

Oh and not being constantly whacked over the head with a sob story was nice too, I could do without them completely but *sighs* I realize that I am not the only one watching so I guess if they have to put them in there then I don't mind at the very end. I would have liked a little advanced warning so I would know not to watch.

A little public service announcement at the beginning of the show: "Attention, this is our really bad auditions reel, watch at your own risk" or maybe "Attention, this is our really sappy - three-hankie - show full of sob stories, watch at your own risk". Is that too much to ask?

But seriously, does anybody remember a single person from last night that was any good?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

One of the other forums I check in on has a bunch of folks that follow everything twitter. One of the executive producers of the show has evidently tweeted that the talent in LA just wasn't very good. So, perhaps they didn't have much choice in what they showed.

Anyway, I have always agreed that the bad auditons needed to be left on the cutting room floor, as do the sob stories. But, once in a while, the stars must align to bring us a group so goofy it would be a sin not to witness it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4179415;
    But seriously, does anybody remember a single person from last night that was any good?
    No. The whole lot was pretty unimpressive. I don't mind a few goofy auditions, but sitting through an hour of them is just too much! Out of the twenty bazillion people that were there to audition, they couldn't scrape up a handful of decent talent? Sad.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Here's a link to photos from last night.

Los Angeles Auditions - Auditions - American Idol

What Idol calls "memorable auditions." My ex-wife is memorable but that's not necessarily a good thing.
    Seventeen clips are listed.
    Matt Frankel: Big Stats - Memorable auditions - American Idol
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-04-2011 at 09:40 PM.

I got bored (with all but the Milwaukee audition shows) about halfway through and started doing lesson plans, curriculum updates, and other work-related stuff. Kind of sad, when work is more interesting than AI. (I mean, I love my work and all, but I'd been working already all day.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234